Ideas for new goals?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Cos-

Ideas for new goals?

Post by Cos- »

I've been thinking about trying to add new goal cards to the mix, maybe playtesting them at home (where we have a Kingdom Builder set and could add new goals). I love how different the game is with all the same rules just based on what goals you randomly drew, and I'm curious how much more variety could be added that way.

A couple of ideas I have, though I haven't thought of good names for them:

* Longest distance connected: Find the two settlements of yours that are furthest from each other, but connected by a continuous line of your settlements; score 2x their distance. So for example if you scored perfect hermits, you'd get 0 from this goal. If your largest clump of settlements were a straight line of four, you'd score 6 from this goal, since the two ends of that line are 3 apart from each other. And so on.

* Like farmers, but for land terrain types: 4 points for each settlement you have on the type of land terrain on which you have the fewest settlements. Land only, water doesn't count. 4 points because there are 5 types of land terrain, so the best you could spread your 40 pieces out would be 8 per terrain, 8x4 = 32 which is close to the 10x3 = 30 max for farmers, and I think this one may be a bit harder than farmers so a perfect score would happen a bit less often.

Anyway, those are just two ideas. I'm curious if anyone else has others that might work well in the base game?
Knuddelgiraffe

Re: Ideas for new goals?

Post by Knuddelgiraffe »

Hi.
Why not just implementing the existing Expansions?
- Additional Quarters/Boards
- Additional Goals
- Additional Cardcolors
You dont have to Experiment?
Im just curious?
BR
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

That's a different topic. I'm asking what ideas people have for new goals that would work well in the base game (same board, same colors, same special tiles).
Kavorka

Post by Kavorka »

A Goal relating to contact with the opponents settlements could be really interesting.
1 pt / settlement adjacent to 2+ opponent settlements
Or 1 pt / settlement which does not contact opponent settlement

Would likely have a similar feel to lords with advantage to P2.
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

Oh, huh, that's especially interesting because opponents can directly affect your score not just by blocking you, but by choosing whether or not to place something adjacent to you. And on boards where there are any relocator tiles, also by moving away from you.

Return to “Kingdom Builder”