moving 4 spaces as a creature

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Schrielegaard

moving 4 spaces as a creature

Post by Schrielegaard »

Recently I played a game as creature were three people ran out of willpower because they got caught. I thought it meant the creature marker would move 4 spaces that turn (3 for running out of willpower + 1 for catch itself). Instead it only moved 2 spaces. Did i miss something in the rules or could it be a bug?
rescue-meat

Re: moving 4 spaces as a creature

Post by rescue-meat »

The phrasing in the rulebook doesn't spell it out very well, but you only move the assimilation marker once no matter how many players are caught, and then one additional time if any of those players lost their third will. So you move it a maximum of twice in phase three of a turn.
Schrielegaard

Post by Schrielegaard »

Thank you for your reply! In my perspective losing all the willpower should be punished with a penalty in the advantage of the creature. You can easily exploit this feature by grouping so in the long term the creature marker would gain less steps.
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

The developer of the original game spent a lot of time balancing the game mechanics. Iirc they considered options and intentionally chose it the way it is. It does make for balanced games so far as I can tell. If you feel it is too easy you might need to play more as the creature and work out how to use the hunt cards effectively. That said if you get a bad run of cards and they get good starting survival cards sometimes there is little you can do to pull it back if they're a good team and know how to play as a team. There is always the expert variant if you want an easier time as creature though most people I know prefer the original system for the better balance it offers.

Return to “Not Alone”