BUG: Encryptor can chat with teammates

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
edmundsteuber

BUG: Encryptor can chat with teammates

Post by edmundsteuber »

BUG:
The cluegiver/Encryptor can also chat with the teammates while they are guessing your code. - This is not allowed by the rules but it's possible and it should not be possible.
Romain672

Re: BUG: Encryptor can chat with teammates

Post by Romain672 »

It's not a bug, you can use that chat to give opinion on the other team's words.
RolandtheLoser

Post by RolandtheLoser »

You can not avoid that team members use other ways to communicate when determining the code of their OWN team. I hope, all players follow the rules.
edmundsteuber

Post by edmundsteuber »

it's not about other ways, it's about the build-in teamchat.
edmundsteuber

Post by edmundsteuber »

@RolandtheLoser:
Yes that's what is the chat about. But when it's the turn of your team to encrypt your code you can also chat a simply say e-g 1=moon 4=glass 2=video. And that's against the rules but possible in the game own's teamchat.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Yeah but you can pm from bga him, and do the same.
It's slightly more complicated, but it's available too.

I like my team chat still.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I like the team chat. If you play with 3+ players per team, and you try to guess your own teams code, you need to discuss your ideas.

I see that the chat is an easy way to cheat. That could be solved, if the chat of the opponent team will be opened after the game, so the all players can check, if anybody cheated (ok, they can still use other ways of hidden communication (e.g. email, WhatsApp, phone, etc.) but that can’t be prevented by BGA)
NinePointOh

Post by NinePointOh »

Thomas wrote: 22 July 2023, 06:12I see that the chat is an easy way to cheat. That could be solved, if the chat of the opponent team will be opened after the game, so the all players can check, if anybody cheated
It takes a few extra clicks (like many things on BGA, lol) but you can already doing this by going into your profile --> Games Played --> Going into that particular game --> View Game Replay --> Choose a player from the other team to view as.

I agree with you that it would be nice if the game did that automatically after the game ends. In the meantime, I've used the above as a workaround when I am suspicious of an opponent.

Return to “Decrypto”