Fluxing cheating

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mateusrm

Fluxing cheating

Post by mateusrm »

Some people are cheating somehow using Fluxing and mimic a card in the shop.

Proof:

Game:

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call out specific tables or players by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
thoun

Re: Fluxing cheating

Post by thoun »

Please report bugs in the bug tracker instead (Community menu). And this was fixed yesterday ;)
supermash

Post by supermash »

Hello and thanks for sharing my game

I did a report for that player ( i won't cite him) but as a response for this request :
We know it is unpleasant but this doesn't violate our terms of rules for cheating. Just red thumb and don't play with him anymore "

For those who want more explanation for this cheating here it is :
- this game was in a tournament in a final games (so very very important)
- this bug was discovered 3 days before the game and i thumbed green the report for a quick fix. This bug was known and ready to be fixed.
- the bug is game breaking, allowing a free and fast win (not just a cosmetics bug or sometimes an action not validated once in the game) as you can use cards from the shop for free and even discarded the effect was still in use.
- i told to the player, using this bug is forbidden, i told him BEFORE he did his move (so aware of the bug and intentionally use)
- the player used it many times in the game without problem, i gave him victory as this bug allowed to save his losing end game (so the bug changed probably the game results)

So to resume, it is not violating rules to :
- use a know bug intentionally
- break the game in tournament's final
- used it multiple times in this game (and probably used it in many others game before it was fixed)

And the only answer is to ask me to red thumb him, thing's i did it just after the game and did this report. I am not angry asking revenge but he did not had even a warning and did not defend himself. So what the moderator need more ? He cheat every game with that ? If life was like this, it would be cool to not go to prison at my first major crime proved because the police said " we need multiple crime to act". Very weird
Mathew5000

cheating? Or just poor sportsmanship?

Post by Mathew5000 »

supermash wrote: 30 August 2023, 20:38 - i told to the player, using this bug is forbidden, i told him BEFORE he did his move (so aware of the bug and intentionally use)
- the player used it many times in the game without problem, i gave him victory as this bug allowed to save his losing end game (so the bug changed probably the game results)
I understand why you're upset. Sounds to me like the player in question displayed very poor sportsmanship. But I would not call this cheating.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

I've just red-thumbed them, enough red-thumbs and they get an automatic moderation.

I don't know why BGA wouldn't take action, cheating or not, that's obvious abuse of their system, do they want to encourage this behaviour by turning a blind-eye?

Report the player, and tell them they offended you. I feel offended on your behalf.
ufm

Re: cheating? Or just poor sportsmanship?

Post by ufm »

Mathew5000 wrote: 27 September 2023, 06:04 I understand why you're upset. Sounds to me like the player in question displayed very poor sportsmanship. But I would not call this cheating.
That is cheating per se and it even has its own category for report: 'exploited a known bug'
RicardoRix wrote: 27 September 2023, 19:20 I don't know why BGA wouldn't take action, cheating or not, that's obvious abuse of their system, do they want to encourage this behaviour by turning a blind-eye?
Probably a poor moderation from a poor moderator. There are more than 20 mods on BGA, including admins.

Return to “King of Tokyo”