question of etiquette

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
detlefchef11

question of etiquette

Post by detlefchef11 »

This has not happened to me, nor have I done it and gotten grief over it. I'm merely new to the game and am curious about whether this is appropriate gamesmanship or just bad etiquette.

If you're playing in a game large enough to open up the bonus spots on the board, do you place your players there when available even if you can't take advantage of the bonus just to prevent someone else from doing so?
Chief_Wiggum_

Re: question of etiquette

Post by Chief_Wiggum_ »

Depends how competitive your group is. This is something we discuss beforehand as there is a friendly variant in Viticulture where you can't move to a bonus space unless you can do the bonus action (unless it's the last spot available). If your game is not set up with friendly variant toggled I would assume it's fair game to block.
detlefchef11

Re: question of etiquette

Post by detlefchef11 »

Chief_Wiggum_ wrote: 10 October 2023, 16:07 Depends how competitive your group is. This is something we discuss beforehand as there is a friendly variant in Viticulture where you can't move to a bonus space unless you can do the bonus action (unless it's the last spot available). If your game is not set up with friendly variant toggled I would assume it's fair game to block.
Thanks. I'd seen the friendly variant option but hadn't looked into what that entailed. Perhaps I should

Return to “Viticulture”