- 666: The classic. High enough to win the round, but low enough that it doesn't limit your strategies moving forward
- 555: The conservative. You have 4 higher cards, and 4 rounds left, makes sense.
- 777: The aggressive. If you get undercut, someone has used their 7 and that's fine. But often it's just 9 points.
- 600: The defensive. For when your opponents look predictable. Bit wasteful against 777.
- 7xx: The counterattack. Can do x to be any small number you think opponents won't do. Beats out other aggressive openings with decent amount of risk and cost.
Curious if other people have go to openings, or if people just wing it?