Most players with a high ELO are the laziest and worst out there.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ExaltedAngel

Re: Most players with a high ELO are the laziest and worst out there.

Post by ExaltedAngel »

Ceaseless wrote: 22 September 2023, 16:34 This is one of the most hate-filled messages I have ever seen on BGA. :!: Not healthy.

I find particularly funny when they say "reminds me of the school yard bully who punts the basketball over the fence because he is not a good player" without even realizing they are describing exactly themselves lmao.
MadManMark

Post by MadManMark »

ExaltedAngel wrote: 22 September 2023, 23:19
Ceaseless wrote: 22 September 2023, 16:34 This is one of the most hate-filled messages I have ever seen on BGA. :!: Not healthy.
I find particularly funny when they say "reminds me of the school yard bully who punts the basketball over the fence because he is not a good player" without even realizing they are describing exactly themselves lmao.
Yeah, I singled that comment out in an earlier comment, with same conclusions. But I also find a second source of great humor in this post, because it defines "high ELO" as those with 300-400, and then specifically singles out the block-first players amongst that range. I eat such players for lunch, their playing style stands almost no chance against mine, unless I am really unlucky/they are really lucky in guessing. And I suspect you do as well. This person doesn't even realize they aren't playing the truly good players lol.
thg0724

Post by thg0724 »

MRomeo99 wrote: 19 September 2023, 15:23
Take a look at the statistics of a top player like I show below:
I agree in general with much of what you say, but the stat comparison lacks value as supporting evidence because the top player is likely playing almost exclusively two-player games and the stats are for all game, 2-player, 3-player, 4-player, and 5-player (even the 1910 variants).
admitted

Post by admitted »

On a table with several 600+ ELO players, a 2p game usually lasts 29 or 30 turns, a 4p game usually lasts 33 or 34 turns, a 5p game around 35 or 36 turns. This is because it's impossible to secure all 5-6 tracks by youself as player count increases in a competitive game
SidK26

Post by SidK26 »

thg0724 wrote: 06 July 2023, 17:13
admitted wrote: 06 July 2023, 09:53 I certainly don't have malicious intentions there.
Some believe that blocking is always malicious when intentional. It doesn't seem malicious to me--imagine thinking I was malicious for putting my chess opponent in check!--but some are rather firm in their opinion otherwise.
Exactly! This is something I would never have to face in Chess atleast. Imagine if the opponent comes and types, "You're a cut throat player. I'm a kind of player who plays for fun. Let's all promote the pawns and not harm our kings."
WHAT EVEN.
SidK26

Post by SidK26 »

As a matter of fact, I'm a beginner. Just found out about TTR a couple of weeks ago. Have played some 40 games, with current ELO at around 150. And since game #1 I've realized the potential of blocking as an important part of the gameplay (not necessarily engaging in full deadlocks, but mostly re-route and waste trains/delay).

This, overall seems to be a similar rant of "Spirit of the game" bs that is infamous in the cricket, english, especially.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

SidK26 wrote: 27 October 2023, 09:50 As a matter of fact, I'm a beginner. Just found out about TTR a couple of weeks ago. Have played some 40 games, with current ELO at around 150. And since game #1 I've realized the potential of blocking as an important part of the gameplay (not necessarily engaging in full deadlocks, but mostly re-route and waste trains/delay).

This, overall seems to be a similar rant of "Spirit of the game" bs that is infamous in the cricket, english, especially.
Based

Return to “Ticket to Ride”