frankenStains Tierlists v.42 final final FINAL reworked, edited .... - or starting tips for newbies and semi-pros ;)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Patrick of the Isles

Re: frankenStains Tierlists v.42 final final FINAL reworked, edited .... - or starting tips for newbies and semi-pros ;)

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

tony97 wrote: 10 October 2023, 22:09little BUMP
Edited because the original post came across a bit harsher than intended, but my point was that some people use forum notifications to find out when new information is posted and use sort-by-recent to see threads with new information on them. So posting a content-free bump to old threads can feel contrary to that purpose.
Last edited by Patrick of the Isles on 23 January 2024, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
silentProtest

Re: frankenStains Tierlists v.42 final final FINAL reworked, edited .... - or starting tips for newbies and semi-pros ;)

Post by silentProtest »

Patrick of the Isles wrote: 11 October 2023, 07:48
tony97 wrote: 10 October 2023, 22:09little BUMP
People use forum notifications to find out when *new information* is posted. We use sort-by-recent to see threads with *new information* on them. Posting a content-free reply to old threads frustrates the purpose of these systems and seems rather unhelpful. I wish people would consider not doing this.
Well, it is still not pinned. And people at most levels, still make very avoidable mistakes - this as cheat sheet would help to, at least, not make the (very) basic ones....
funkdoc

Post by funkdoc »

Something i've noticed from top-level players is, if it's the second round of the wonder draft and they don't yet have an extra-turn wonder, they'll take one over a supposedly higher-tier wonder that doesn't give an extra turn (e.g. Divine Theater). Would the regulars here say this is a mistake, or is it that important to have at least one extra turn for the sake of stability? i do feel the latter more and more as i play, if nothing else so you can threaten to take first turn for Age II...
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

funkdoc wrote: 30 October 2023, 02:07 Something i've noticed from top-level players is, if it's the second round of the wonder draft and they don't yet have an extra-turn wonder, they'll take one over a supposedly higher-tier wonder that doesn't give an extra turn (e.g. Divine Theater). Would the regulars here say this is a mistake, or is it that important to have at least one extra turn for the sake of stability? i do feel the latter more and more as i play, if nothing else so you can threaten to take first turn for Age II...
I can only give practical experience, if the situation isnt specific - also wondering about frankenstains take on it^^

If you got to choose between Knosos/Theatre and a bad extra turn wonder in second draw (which most likely means you are player 2), you are f*cked! :D

... would be funny to leave it at that. but the whole answer is that you have to get creative and play high risk, against good opponents, in that situation anyway. So you need a specific idea what you want to try and gamble on. look out for taking more plots, getting stronger finances, placing strongest gods against theatre.
Clear disadvantages of each choice. Not taking extra turn, gives away most likely the possability to be first in age 2. Not taking Theatre, means probably losing that extra turn vs Ra and still not being first in age 2, but for a higher cost for your opponent, but also way more options for him too. Not taking Knosos is only bad, if strong tokens are open or your opponent gets lucky with a hidden one, but at this point you are at full risk mode anyway; Just dont play clearly stupid stuff.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”