Please remove Bruno's variant from Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Melarnos

Please remove Bruno's variant from Arena

Post by Melarnos »

Hi!
The title says it all :D
I was hoping this variant would be removed in the Arena for this season, it was not the case.
This variant is super frustrating and, if anything, it brings MORE luck to the game.
I've really enjoyed playing this game but this variant ruins all the fun, and I believe lots of players agree on this.
Anyway, I think I won't play Lucky Numbers anymore if this variant stays in the Arena format...
So, can it be removed after the current Arena season?
Remkar

Re: Please remove Bruno's variant from Arena

Post by Remkar »

Melarnos wrote: 15 October 2023, 22:46 Hi!
I was hoping this variant would be removed in the Arena for this season, it was not the case.
This variant is super frustrating and, if anything, it brings MORE luck to the game.
I've really enjoyed playing this game but this variant ruins all the fun, and I believe lots of players agree on this.
Anyway, I think I won't play Lucky Numbers anymore if this variant stays in the Arena format...
Arena games are voted on by the people who played the game the most in the previous season (they get called "gurus"), so it just depends on how the vote goes with whoever makes guru for next season.

You don't have to play arena, though, there's always just regular play.
Melarnos

Post by Melarnos »

Thanks for your replies.
I know about the guru system, I opened this post hoping they would agree with it and remove the variant for the next seasons :)
Charlieboy80

Post by Charlieboy80 »

I disagree - I much prefer Bruno's :)
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

I have an opinion of which i like better, but think this is one that should be rotated between the two season to season.
Grn Xn Hm

Post by Grn Xn Hm »

From one of the gurus that bothers to cast his vote on next season: Unfortunately the vote to change is not even close and the guru group continuously push for the same mode that is lending to them enjoying and/or finding success in that season. Vox populi and all, but unfortunately, the site's guru system is built to favor those that dislike change.
Debussy23

Post by Debussy23 »

Melarnos wrote: 15 October 2023, 22:46 Hi!
Totally agree. I also loved playing Lucky Numbers Arena much more before Bruno's variant was included.
It adds more luck to the game.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

Charlieboy80 wrote: 16 October 2023, 18:49 I disagree - I much prefer Bruno's :)
So do I
But I appreciate also not everyone does so switching between variants would be OK too

Return to “Lucky Numbers”