Some players have all the luck

General discussion on board games
Tra36Cee

Some players have all the luck

Post by Tra36Cee »

I play a number of board games in arena mode, but I have noticed that some players have more luck than others. No matter how they play the dice will roll their way or the numbers or bubbles will fall their way. No matter how hard I try the numbers are usually against me. This doesn't seem to be random and when I do win, even if the player I beat had a high ELO, I get few points or move up very slowly. When I lose the I drop so many points irrespective of how high the other player is. This doesn't seem to be fair and I am now convinced that the games are loaded against me because I am not a premium player. Anybody else suffering the same fate. I would appreciate it if the gameboard developers would make it a bit fairer because it does detract from the game when you lose 90% of the time.
Tra36Cee

Re: Some players have all the luck

Post by Tra36Cee »

And my bad luck continues - played a few games and get only bad rolls :x
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

cash in your gift points:
https://boardgamearena.com/contribute
cigma

Post by cigma »

RicardoRix wrote: 29 October 2023, 15:14 cash in your gift points:
https://boardgamearena.com/contribute
What do you mean, RicardoRix? Do you want to say: "Cash in your gift points to see that premium has nothing to do with it?"
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

They might be unaware they can get premium for a free test drive. They can make their own mind up whether it changes anything.

If you want to make that statement, then you don't need to put the words into my mouth.
cigma

Post by cigma »

RicardoRix wrote: 31 October 2023, 14:52 They might be unaware they can get premium for a free test drive. They can make their own mind up whether it changes anything.

If you want to make that statement, then you don't need to put the words into my mouth.
I apologize. I didn't want to put words in your mouth. I was just trying to understand your reasonig, which you made quite clear now.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Strode

Post by Strode »

Premium isn't going to change their mind because it's all a matter of perception to begin with. People notice when someone else gets a lucky roll and ignore it when they get the lucky roll themselves.

You want to convince me there's something to it: document it. Track all the rolls. Don't just say it "seems like...".

I'd suggestion foregoing Premium BGA and read up on cognitive biases.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Sure, but they'd actually need to get premium in order to compare...
With or without any extra lessons in statistics and psychology, it's still up to them to make their minds up.

Return to “Discuss about board games”