The translation system is basically flawed

BGA localization discussions
HockeyCeres

Re: The translation system is basically flawed

Post by HockeyCeres »

Hagardunor wrote: 03 November 2023, 10:09
HockeyCeres wrote: 03 November 2023, 09:20

... While it would be stupid to think about having a "license" for translators (I am strongly against it in real life and in my professional job) - especially on a boardgaming website - the concept remains. I can't code, so I let programmers code our beloved games. If one can't translate properly, then they should simply find other ways to contribute to the website if they feel this need for whatever reason, including gaining experience in the translation fields to avoid doing random things to rush for points.
I agree with your statement. However, some kind of "control" could be beneficial for the whole community (I believe there is one for beta testers, why not for translators ?)
This is what I am trying to push for if you look at my other messages on the boards. But it will stay at "wishful thinking" stage forever, I fear.
HockeyCeres

Re: The translation system is basically flawed

Post by HockeyCeres »

Joe wrote: 03 November 2023, 11:42
The Search function is a very poor alternative. I use it as the only real possibility to find the same word/phrase, but it is like scratching your left ear with the right toe on your foot. If the site allows direct translations, it would be useful to at least provide basic CAT tools.
Well, yes, kind of. But what else do we have? Thinking that a CAT tool will be implemented here is like hoping that tomorrow world hunger will end.
Joe wrote: 03 November 2023, 11:42 That is why I often correct translations of other users (for Slovak and Czech) when they are not consistent.
That's a good thing.

Return to “Translations”