quitting during the last action of the last turn

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
CriticalDrinking

quitting during the last action of the last turn

Post by CriticalDrinking »

I dont get why some people dont see this as a big deal. if youre gonna quit quit at the earliest convenience possible thats totally fine with me. this game is broken enough with improved logistics and what not that if your gonna quit thats fine. but ive encountered people who quit when im doing the last action of the game. if they waited 10 seconds then the game would calculate a final score. it seems they either do it out of spite or malice because why else could they just not wait a few more seconds to let the game finish naturally?
HaggbartSlark

Re: quitting during the last action of the last turn

Post by HaggbartSlark »

Who cares? What difference does it make?

I mean, if you take your sweet time on maximizing your score on the last turn when you already won, and I want to play another game asap what does it matter to you if I resign? It happens all the time in competitive 2p games like Chess. You got your win. It's not like I ran the time out on purpose so that you'd have to kick me (that I would agree to be really bad sportmanship).
cowboy_dan

Post by cowboy_dan »

Quitting last turn when you have no action to take seems like the digital version of flipping the table. If you’re so eager to start your next game, open a new tab. Also, when someone quits, the winner only gets fractional elo, compared to full points when the game is conceded. Just be a good sport and play it to the end if you’ve made it that far. RftG only rakes 5 minutes anyway. Part of the satisfaction of the game is executing a plan—don’t throw a fit when someone else’s works out better.
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

by "quitting" do you mean choosing "Quit this game" from the hamburger menu? doesn't that result in a penalty?
what is the result for Elo for the winning player?
warrior of hell

Post by warrior of hell »

quitting games is so much fun, I recommend people to try it
CriticalDrinking

Post by CriticalDrinking »

HaggbartSlark wrote: 09 November 2023, 22:50 Who cares? What difference does it make?

I mean, if you take your sweet time on maximizing your score on the last turn when you already won, and I want to play another game asap what does it matter to you if I resign? It happens all the time in competitive 2p games like Chess. You got your win. It's not like I ran the time out on purpose so that you'd have to kick me (that I would agree to be really bad sportmanship).
you already went the full 99 percent of the game and finishing it allows the game to calculate the score and points instead of manually doing it yourself. youre only seeing it as a win or a loss but other people might want to know final score and how everything adds. up

im not even arguing against quitting in general just doing it at the very last action of the very last turn when it could all be wrapped up in less than a minute is petty and shows no consideration of other players. if you need to quit asap like you said then why not quit at first chance at 55 percent
HaggbartSlark

Post by HaggbartSlark »

cowboy_dan wrote: 09 November 2023, 23:41 Quitting last turn when you have no action to take seems like the digital version of flipping the table. If you’re so eager to start your next game, open a new tab. Also, when someone quits, the winner only gets fractional elo, compared to full points when the game is conceded. Just be a good sport and play it to the end if you’ve made it that far. RftG only rakes 5 minutes anyway. Part of the satisfaction of the game is executing a plan—don’t throw a fit when someone else’s works out better.
No, I'm prettty sure the winner gets 100% of the elo as long as the game is conceded (it's different than when a player is kicked because they ran out of time etc., in that case you get a fraction of the elo).

As I said, it's like conceding in Chess, who care, you won. You executed your plan well enough to win. It's not throwing a fit to concede, now you're projecting.
ColShaw

Post by ColShaw »

Conceding is totally acceptable, and not being a poor sport at all. I tend not to most of the time, because I've lost 100% of the games I conceded, and have not lost every game I THOUGHT I was going to lose.

But straight-up quitting is definitely rude.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”