Wetlands and Desert Capital

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Nexas

Wetlands and Desert Capital

Post by Nexas »

I may need to look through the rules. but the past 10 or so games I've started on bga with my friend one of always gets the capital mat pairing of wetlands and desert. Was just curious if that is some weird ruling in the setup, or if it was just something weird with implementation. Asking because wetlands and desert are more difficult to fill out than other capital mats. And to get both together as your options in each game is a bit weird.
poserLX

Re: Wetlands and Desert Capital

Post by poserLX »

If you look at the map, you'll see that each starting territory has two numbers paired with each other. Those numbers correspond to the numbers on the capital city mats. This means that Wetland and Desert are always paired, and if you get that pair then you start on the 2/4 territory. The same goes for the others.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Thank you for that explanation. I was trying to figure that out!
JackHH

Post by JackHH »

I think pairing wetland and desert was a mistake when designing the game. The player gets a choice between the two worst capital options :(

Return to “Tapestry”