Marram 2023 world champs

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
robert44444uk

Marram 2023 world champs

Post by robert44444uk »

Marram players:
The Marram official world Champs are coming in 2 weeks. You could win a year's subscription to BGA by finishing in the top 5 if this game is new to you. Just ask me to be entered and get playing!! You have more than 2 weeks to get used to the 2 player short game. Easy to learn. Pm me if you are in!
robert44444uk

Re: Marram 2023 world champs

Post by robert44444uk »

So here is the challenge:

Play in the 2023 World Championships starting on 1 November, finish in the top 5, and win a year's subscription to BGA!

Simple? We'll see. But yes, in a word. it is possible of you are a good board game player.

What to do:
  • PM me to enter, I will include you in the champs. Limited to the next 46 players who take up the challenge, some already have. You have a week in which to do this.

Get playing to learn the game! Marram is really simple to learn. Invite friends to play if there are no open tables, but it is best to play the 2 player classic variant short game, as this is the championship format. If you are playing an experienced player, then ask for hints and tips.

See if you can get your rating up to 100 in the next week, that will show you can play the game and win!

Then see you in the world champs. Each game played over a maximum of 7 days, to ensure all games can complete, and compete with work and other priorities.
Exclusions:

Not available to players who have had a BGA Marram rating of 200 or more, they can play but won't be eligible for the prize. Very happy to see you back playing Marram. Jut sign up here. https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=241494
robert44444uk

Re: Marram 2023 world champs

Post by robert44444uk »

End of game rules:

o If all players have no tiles, and have consecutively passed the option to play any remaining spade cards, then the game moves immediately into the end-game phase (see below).

If no player has reached the winning total, the last tile has been placed, and no player wishes to play a spade card then end-game scoring commences. Scores are tallied for incomplete beasts, grass and sand patches, where players have a majority or equal majority of welly boots on the feature.
• For each incomplete beast, (i.e. snake and worm), just one point is scored for each segment (head, tail, saddle or body length)
• For each incomplete patch of grass or sand, two points are awarded for each complete bulge in the patch and one points for each coin or flower found in the patch.
The winner is the player with the highest score after all scoring features have been tallied and scores recorded. If scores are tied after the end game, then the result is a tie.

Return to “Marram”