Please "CONFIRM" button needed when choosing Magic Item

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Smells_Familiar

Please "CONFIRM" button needed when choosing Magic Item

Post by Smells_Familiar »

Will the developers please add a confirm button for Magic Item selection? I've lost many games by accidentally touching the wrong magic item when on mobile, and also accidentally clicking on the wrong one on desktop.

All players are in the same boat here, but speaking as a high ranking player, it's frustrating that I'm going to lose my first game in like 24 games because I accidentally touched the wrong item in round 1. The last time I had a big win streak, I lost to a 100 ELO with Witch, first player, and Dragon's Lair. To be fair, they played a solid game, but I clicked on the wrong Magic Item in round 1 and lost before the game even started. Same exact thing is happening now. My opponent is a 200 level ELO with Witch, first player, and Dragon's Lair. I have beaten Witch+Lair many times, and could have this time (most likely) but I accidentally touched the wrong item in round 1, and lost before the game even started - breaking a 24 (I think) game win streak, and probably gonna drop me from #2 to #10 or something.

I don't see what the argument against having a "confirm" button for magic item selection would be. Can we have one, please?
Vanatox

Re: Please "CONFIRM" button needed when choosing Magic Item

Post by Vanatox »

*moderator edit: comment removed for aggressive tone. Please remain polite on BGA.
Smells_Familiar

Post by Smells_Familiar »

That's not nice. Why even spend your time to put this negative energy into the world?

Anyway, I've seen many friends and other players get frustrated by this problem. I'm using my example to show that it affects everyone equally, even very experienced players that are careful, because just an accidental touch of the screen and you can lose the game before it even starts in certain super tight game states. There is a "confirm choice" button after many other selections, including selecting scrolls, so why not with Magic Items?
user818342

Post by user818342 »

I agree
user818342

Post by user818342 »

I agree.
danithaca

Post by danithaca »

Did the same thing a few times. I see no reason not to do it, but there might be some technical challenges.
Chessmaster_Hex

Post by Chessmaster_Hex »

I support the suggestion of the OP, it would be preferably if the selection of magic items had to be confirmed (like every other option apart from choosing mage?!). Missclicks don´t happen often to me (no mobile gaming), but man are they annoying.
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Post by OwnerOfTheIronThrone »

BUMP

Asides from fix for the coral castle bug this is probably the most needed feature rn, pls if someone can implement it, all res arcana players would be grateful
aldaryn

Post by aldaryn »

I came here today to post this.

I'm assuming it doesn't because you draw your card. Separate the two things so we can confirm the magic item, then post-confirmation, we get the card draw.

This is a 99% out of 100 perfect implementation, this is the last piece. Please oh please.

Return to “Res Arcana”