Arena suggestion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Freemind

Re: Arena suggestion

Post by Freemind »

There is an option for choosing "Random (only Standard maps)" now. If you vote for it in the Guru page, it could become the Arena format for next season.
patqartier

Post by patqartier »

Freemind wrote: 16 July 2023, 21:50 There is an option for choosing "Random (only Standard maps)" now. If you vote for it in the Guru page, it could become the Arena format for next season.
Hi, thanks.

But to access to the Guru page, i have to play lot of games with these cards which i would like to not have in Arena, right ?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

patqartier wrote: 15 August 2023, 21:25 But to access to the Guru page, i have to play lot of games with these cards which i would like to not have in Arena, right ?
No, gurus are chosen based on total games played, not necessarily in Arena. Play a lot of simple or tournament (non-Arena) matches and you'll be a guru. (I'm not sure if solo, training or abandoned games count, they probably shouldn't.)
patqartier

Post by patqartier »

Jellby wrote: 16 August 2023, 08:29
patqartier wrote: 15 August 2023, 21:25 But to access to the Guru page, i have to play lot of games with these cards which i would like to not have in Arena, right ?
No, gurus are chosen based on total games played, not necessarily in Arena. Play a lot of simple or tournament (non-Arena) matches and you'll be a guru. (I'm not sure if solo, training or abandoned games count, they probably shouldn't.)
How many, please ?

Thanks
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

It's not a fixed number, it depends on what other players do. The players who play the most in the last 30 days are selected as gurus. I don't know how many players, although I think it was mentioned in some other forum. See https://boardgamearena.com/faq?anchor=f ... agamegurus
Jim8871

Post by Jim8871 »

I think beginners can practice very well in the 1 player game. With the exception of one /Valentine's Day/, you can play this way on all boards. Experts also practice this way. e.g. Master Rodico... The other way to learn is a friendly game.

Return to “Trek 12”