How is point calculation works on a tie? And why it works like this?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
zajasu

How is point calculation works on a tie? And why it works like this?

Post by zajasu »

I had a tie with a player (including same number of rows collected), yet after a game I had my Arena and ELO points deduced. I'm pretty used by now that I get -30 when I lose and +3 when I win, but I think it is just unfair to be punished after a tie, especially in a game that has luck somewhat involved.
Priptonite

Re: How is point calculation works on a tie? And why it works like this?

Post by Priptonite »

You still lose points if you are higher ELO. It’s annoying lol
Katja84

Post by Katja84 »

I noticed that too, in more than one game. If I play with much "weaker" player and win, I get a tragically small amount of points. If I play with 3 times stronger player and loose, I get enourmous amount of minus points. Even if we are tight, just now it was only 2 points difference for example.

Scoring here is strange and seems pretty unfair lots of times.

You work really hard to get somewhere and 2 or 3 loosings get you back to the starting point.
Frustrating.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

Katja84 wrote: 06 December 2023, 22:09 I noticed that too, in more than one game. If I play with much "weaker" player and win, I get a tragically small amount of points. If I play with 3 times stronger player and loose, I get enourmous amount of minus points. Even if we are tight, just now it was only 2 points difference for example.

Scoring here is strange and seems pretty unfair lots of times.

You work really hard to get somewhere and 2 or 3 loosings get you back to the starting point.
Frustrating.
You've barely played any Azul, your k-factor is going to be pretty high, so your rating will fly up and down fairly quickly. On the other hand, your 2 point example was from you getting second place, which means you won vs third and lost vs first. That's going to cancel some points out.

Return to “Azul”