Options for the game hanabi

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ArianeKl5

Options for the game hanabi

Post by ArianeKl5 »

Hello to you,

where can I find all the explanations of all the options one has for the game hanabi?

Thank you in advance.

Many greetings
Ariane
blametherogue

Re: Options for the game hanabi

Post by blametherogue »

Hello!
I was reading the advanced strategies from here:
https://hanabi.github.io/level-5
I'm sure u can find other sites too, but this I liked :)
There is a menu on the left, u can choose different conventions and read them with examples.
I hope u find it helpful, good luck in your games!
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

This is the good place to ask, or perhaps you can use the forum search function to find someone who has asked the same question.

To be more specific, which options are you referring to? The table options (when you create a new table) or the display options (when you are in game and you modify it for yourself)?
ArianeKl5

Post by ArianeKl5 »

Thank you very much for your answers - I meant the options one can choose when starting a table - and yes, I first used the function to find if someone already has asked a similar question but have not found one.

I did not want to read "novels" over hanabi :D - just a short explanation of the possible options. It would be great if one can just click on the options and gets a short explanation.

But in the meantime I have found explanations for at least some of the options which are understandable for a non English mother tongue speaker :D

Thanks again.

Best wishes
Ariane
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

Ahah, I'm sure you found some novels :lol:

For those who find this topic and want it concise but complete enough:

Convention options

On BGA, you can ignore all conventions except standard/finesse for 99.9% of the tables.
Standard convention includes basic conventions (e.g.: don't discard a marked card except if you are sure it's not a trash).
Finesse includes the standard convention + new ones

The linked wiki pages may be translated into your language (just change the language in the URL).

Game modes, options and variants

Normal  mode: 25 cards from 5 series of different colors.
6 colors mode : 30 cards, from 6 series of different colors (including multicolored).
6 colors HARD mode : 25 cards, from 6 series of different colors. All multicolored cards are unique.
6 colors Avalanche mode : 30 cards, from 6 series of different colors. All multicolored cards really are multicolored and get marked by all color clues.

Each of these modes can be combined with 0, 1 or 2 options:
  • Black powder extension : add a black serie of cards, which can't be clued by color clues (only number clues) and must be played in reverse order. There are three Bk5, and the Bk1 is unique. The score starts with -5 points.
  • Flamboyants extension : add five new rewards when a serie is finished, randomly picked, one after the other, by BGA.
One variant is available on BGA: 2p = 6 cards / 5p = 3 cards
If enabled, in 2 people mode, players will have one extra card in their hand (= 6 instead of 5)
If enabled, in 5 people mode, players will have one less card in their hand (= 3 instead of 4)
ArianeKl5

Post by ArianeKl5 »

Thank you very much for your detailed and helpful answer : )
Best wishes
Ariane

Return to “Hanabi”