strategy / tips = onlineabalone

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
six billes

Re: onlineabalone

Post by six billes »

9) Accept Losing

Losing is not always pleasant when you love to gamble, but the very notion of gambling is intimately linked to the possibility of losing. Does a player who never, or almost never, lose, still play? If he knows in advance, when he opens the game, that he is going to win, is he still playing?

My answer is no. You could say that he is having fun, as the cat is having fun with the mouse. Or, more positively, it can be considered to be exercised. In this case, he will perhaps put himself in situations of risk, to compensate for the boredom caused by a game won in advance, to try to give himself the thrill that is the pleasure of the game; possibly to seek new solutions to new problems. But now, he's not really in the game anymore, he's in the research on the game.

The possibility of losing is as much a source of fun as the possibility of winning. These two notions are intimately linked in the pleasure of playing.

So don't be afraid to lose, you learn a lot by losing. First of all, because you learn to play well by playing against players who are stronger than yourself (too big a difference in level can sometimes be discouraging, it's better to play with players who are slightly stronger than you). Secondly, because you always learn something from your own mistakes.

Losing is nothing, but don't give up! Be aware that this game can backfire quickly, on a mistake by the opponent, so never give up!
six billes

Post by six billes »

:D 10) A final commandment, perhaps the most important:

Play with pleasure, and without constraint!
six billes

Post by six billes »

CONCLUSION:

I'm acutely aware that some of the advice I've just given may seem contradictory (stay together and attack, for example). Indeed, as I said above, it all depends on the phase of the game you are in, the position of the balls, the know-how of the players. I believe in the relevance of this advice, if we can apply it at the right time, in the right situation.

I am convinced that mastering the game largely depends on memorizing model situations, recognizing these situations during the game, recalling the solutions that can be provided, not to mention the ability to anticipate.

These qualities are not innate, they are exercised. You have to play often, to learn to see what's going on on the set, to acquire the right reflexes. It's within everyone's reach, even if not everyone will become a champion.
Have a great game!!

Return to “abalone”