fire Varant distribution

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Benoit Champ

fire Varant distribution

Post by Benoit Champ »

Hi, I'm new to the game and I'd like to know how the distribution of fire varants works. It was my understanding that if a spirit(player) doesn't have enough water compared to the number of fire, he receives a number equal to the difference between fire minus water, and that those count were made separately.
ex: there is 10 fire on the tree, 2,2,3 and 3
player 1 has 10 water so doesn't receive any varant of fire
player 2 has 5 fire and receives 5 varants of fire
player 3 has 4 fire and receives 6 varants of fire
Or at least that's what I thought and that's how I played with the physical copy of the game, but online, it just gave 5 varants of fire to all players. I don't know if it's a bug or my understanding that was wrong.
Thanks for your input!
Have a great day
lordalx

Re: fire Varant distribution

Post by lordalx »

Hello,

as part of the game rules on p14,
FR wrote:Si cette valeur en EAU est strictement inférieure à la puissance du Feu, ajoutez dans votre défausse autant de cartes Varan de feu qu'il y a de tuiles Feu au centre du Cercle des Esprits
EN wrote:If this value in WATER is strictly lower than the strength of the Fire, add as many Fire Varan cards to your discard stack as there are Fire tiles at the center of the Circle of Spirits.
In your case, 4 tiles (2,2,3 and 3), you should receive 4 varan cards - ouch !
Benoit Champ

Post by Benoit Champ »

Just to make sure, everyone will receive those varants? or just the players that did not have enough water?
tanguythedude

Post by tanguythedude »

Just the player(s) that didn't have enough water

Return to “Living Forest”