DESSERT RULE

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Atrabilis_

DESSERT RULE

Post by Atrabilis_ »

Hi !
I am not sure to understand how the dessert rule actually works on BGA.
I re-read the rules and it says :
The player with the fewest pudding cards
(including players with none) loses 6 points.
If multiple players tie for the least, they split the
lost points evenly (ignoring any remainder)
Thing is : I played several games and this happened : the player whom had chose not to play any dessert had 0 penality at the end of the game.
I won 6 pnts because I had the most, two players shared the 6pnts penality cause they had few but the one with 0 had 0 penality which is very unfair/unbalanced.
I not sure to understand why and I think it makes the game very unbalanced because not to play any pudding is more interesting than trying to get the most of it and it makes the whole pudding thing a bit absurd.

Thank you for you answer !
Meeplelowda

Re: DESSERT RULE

Post by Meeplelowda »

Atrabilis_ wrote: 04 January 2024, 13:01I played several games and this happened : the player whom had chose not to play any dessert had 0 penality at the end of the game.
I won 6 pnts because I had the most, two players shared the 6pnts penality cause they had few but the one with 0 had 0 penality which is very unfair/unbalanced.
Whenever asking about a potential bug, please provide a link to a game where you think the bug occurred.
frogstar_A

Re: DESSERT RULE

Post by frogstar_A »

Atrabilis_ wrote: 04 January 2024, 13:01 Hi !
I am not sure to understand how the dessert rule actually works on BGA.
I re-read the rules and it says :
The player with the fewest pudding cards
(including players with none) loses 6 points.
If multiple players tie for the least, they split the
lost points evenly (ignoring any remainder)
Thing is : I played several games and this happened : the player whom had chose not to play any dessert had 0 penality at the end of the game.
I not sure to understand why and I think it makes the game very unbalanced because not to play any pudding is more interesting than trying to get the most of it and it makes the whole pudding thing a bit absurd.

Thank you for you answer !
I have looked at your game history and cannot see the one you describe

The pudding points have been awarded correctly in every game I've play3d on BGA which is over 1,000 and all yours too as far as I can tell

Which game number was it?

Return to “Sushi Go!”