Some needed additions/changes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
greyfortlight

Re: Some needed additions/changes

Post by greyfortlight »

Once you pass and chose the option to get servants, it does flip the tile so that you get the point in Service.
oceanpig

Post by oceanpig »

Darth Servo wrote: 28 December 2023, 03:02 Why does the game not let you use Servant Hiring when the UD expansion is in play?
If you try, you get a message that it's better to pass to hire servants. There are other reasons to use the action, such as flipping the Butler's Pantry tile to get an extra point, especially when Service is the Courtship preference for that round.
Why is the game not letting me do a perfectly legitimate action?
I find this change really annoying. Yes, it is generally better to pass-hire, but there are also times when hiring is useful. Being locked out isn't fun.
TheReeve

Post by TheReeve »

oceanpig wrote: 03 January 2024, 02:40
Darth Servo wrote: 28 December 2023, 03:02 Why does the game not let you use Servant Hiring when the UD expansion is in play?
If you try, you get a message that it's better to pass to hire servants. There are other reasons to use the action, such as flipping the Butler's Pantry tile to get an extra point, especially when Service is the Courtship preference for that round.
Why is the game not letting me do a perfectly legitimate action?
I find this change really annoying. Yes, it is generally better to pass-hire, but there are also times when hiring is useful. Being locked out isn't fun.
It is never true that hiring without passing is a good idea. You have two choices in person:

Hire
Don't refresh service
Don't reclaim deck

or

Hire
Refresh service
Reclaim deck

There is no advantage to hiring without passing, only the loss of two very powerful actions (servant refresh, deck refresh). I am changing the language to say "You can only hire when passing" to eliminate any confusion to new players.
oceanpig

Post by oceanpig »

I see what you mean, and I stand corrected.

Return to “Obsession”