blocking players at sushi go arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
marekkral

blocking players at sushi go arena

Post by marekkral »

Hello, i want to discus some problem. There is one player at sushi go, now no1 at arena. He blocked all good players and now plays only with not top players. He rarely loses his games. It is ok? We (other top players) want to beat him, but we play together and loses together our points. He farms and picks easy points with not best players.

It is ok? Is ok if the champion will be player who doesnt fight with the best? Only collect easy points?

I know about three elite players he blocked. With no reason, only because they bet him many times. I believe there are more players he blocked.

Is possible to do somethink? Please, discus. thanks.

Have fun, have luck :)
JohnnyCyclops

Re: blocking players at sushi go arena

Post by JohnnyCyclops »

In Arena I think the difference in levels are the arena levels (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, elite) not the general ELO ratings (from 0 upwards into 100pt bands). If at elite you don't want to play more than +/-1 level then than excludes all other levels. Arena shouldn't allow players to select based on the general ELO rankings.

In Arena you can't select NOT to play people at your same level. So an Elite player can't select not to play other Elite players. They can select whether to play against +/-1,+/-2 and 'far from level'. Check for yourself in any games under settings.

In casual 'simple game' play now games it's different.
matti1896

Post by matti1896 »

He's not talking about that, he's talking about giving red thumbs on purpose just to block a possible matchup against a particular opponent. And our n1 loves doing so, and always has. Also, I don't think the arena level block works, and also that's a big problem because I am never willingly risking to lose 38 points to win 1 vs a bronze player, so it must be changed asap.
yaya17

Post by yaya17 »

This is clearly an abuse of the red thumb mechanic.

Red thumbs should not work for arena opponent selection.
yaya17

Post by yaya17 »

This bug report is exactly about this :

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=48711

Please go vote for it !
maags2000

Post by maags2000 »

It’s fine. I’ll just overtake them anyway! :D
I voted on the bug as well though. Fully agree this a lame tactic to try and win.
jojan666

Post by jojan666 »

Thats why i like round robin you can compete against the best players not just to reach a high ranking

Return to “Sushi Go!”