Theoretical Maximal Score

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Phoxtrot

Theoretical Maximal Score

Post by Phoxtrot »

For a multi-player game (I don't really know the rules of solo game):
I think it's a bit difficult to compute and prove, but there there are certainly a few ideas we can play with:

It's not possible to play 7 Galactic Trendsetters.
If you have 1 then 3 then 5, that's 2+8+50=60 and that's game over even with the extension.

You could do this:
Play a few turns to just increase card revenue then 2 galactic trendsetters + 2GT + 2GT = 8+ 32+ 72 = 112 VP
And you only have 40 VP on the turn before.
So assuming a game without the extension (game ends at 50VP), you can improve this a little bit easily:
- a few turns to gain card revenue, anything for 3VP then 2GT + 2GT + 2GT for 3 + 11 + 35 + 75 = 124 VP and you have 49VP on the turn before last.

If you involve other players, you can easily do a bit more :
In the 3VP, include the card that give +3Mil.
Then, on the last turn, have all 3 opponents play war propaganda that gets given to you for a total of 133 VP

Obviously, you can do more with the extension...

Now, I guess it's hard to beat the 42 net increase from 5th and 6th GT on the last round.
But I think it might be possible to beat it. With many military cards worth 0 points then some cards to reduce cost then 2 big devs on the last round (including the one that gives VP per military world) that should reach high too.
Slewfoot

Re: Theoretical Maximal Score

Post by Slewfoot »

The highest score I could get with the original Base Game not counting any possible VPs from opponents is 118 VPs for a 5-turn game and 134 VPs for a 6-turn game. Details below:

5-turn:
Turn 1: Military Convoy, Smuggling Lair, Pirate Fuel Cache (1VP)
Turn 2: Survey Team, Pirate Lair, Convict Miners (3 VPs)
Turn 3: Investment Credits, Lost Alien Warship, Imperium Blaster Factory (8 VPs)
Turn 4: Galactic Imperium, Lost Alien Battle Fleet, Rebel Stronghold (37 VPs)
Turn 5: New Galactic Order, Alien Guardians, Rebel World (69 VPs)

6-turn:
Turn 1: Military Convoy, Smuggling Lair, Amphibious Uplift Race (0 VP)
Turn 2: Survey Team, Insect Uplift Race, Arboreal Uplift Race (0 VP)
Turn 3: Investment Credits, New Survivalists, Uplift Mercenaries (2 VPs)
Turn 4: Alien Technology Institute, Rebel Outpost, Pirate Fuel Cache (8 VPs)
Turn 5: New Galactic Order, Lost Alien Warship, Rebel Stronghold (39 VPs)
Turn 6: Galactic Imperium, Alien Guardians, Lost Alien Battle Fleet (85 VPs)

Note that the cumulative VP score on the second-to-last turns is 49. You can get a higher score if you allow the score to go above 49 on the second-to-last turn, but then the game would be over and the last turn would not really be valid.

With the Terminal Velocity Expansion I am sure that someone can get a better score, but I have not attempted this.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

Your 5-turn one will need an adjustment, since Pirate Fuel Cache gives you an extra point when combined with Military Convoy.
Slewfoot

Post by Slewfoot »

greenjacket124, I believe that I accounted for that in showing 1 VP on Round 1. Military Convoy and Smuggling Lair give no VPs on their own, and Pirate Fuel Cache starts with 0 VP with 1 VP added for Military Convoy. Please correct me if I am wrong.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

Slewfoot wrote: 01 January 2024, 23:09 greenjacket124, I believe that I accounted for that in showing 1 VP on Round 1. Military Convoy and Smuggling Lair give no VPs on their own, and Pirate Fuel Cache starts with 0 VP with 1 VP added for Military Convoy. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yea, you're right. I just checked the physical card, and I must have just imagined it having a base score of 1 without Military Convoy.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

Slewfoot wrote: 01 January 2024, 23:09 greenjacket124, I believe that I accounted for that in showing 1 VP on Round 1. Military Convoy and Smuggling Lair give no VPs on their own, and Pirate Fuel Cache starts with 0 VP with 1 VP added for Military Convoy. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Ok. I knew I wasn't going crazy. Looks like the card is definitely displayed wrong on BGA. I'll check scoring on it soon.
Confirmed the scoring is incorrect. Bug reported here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=110008

BGA: Image

Physical: Image
Slewfoot

Post by Slewfoot »

Good catch. I played around with a high/maximum score in 2017 with the physical copy of the game, so I knew that my scoring was correct. I wonder where BGA got the graphic for the current Pirate Fuel Cache card. I upvoted your bug report.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

And fixed. Thank you for reporting this formally and providing the picture evidence.

Return to “Jump Drive”