Blocking Players

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jim8871

Re: Blocking Players

Post by Jim8871 »

Captain Manu's writing is a lie. He doesn't know how to play fair, so he uses a strategy to avoid the strongest players. The player plays with the blocking system. The solution to this can also be seen on the page of the game gurus. That is, the blocking should not be valid in the Arena.
Mickr300

Post by Mickr300 »

Bonjour,

À la lecture des arguments de chacun, ne pourrait-on pas suggérer qu'en Arène il n'y ait pas de blocage de joueurs possible mais également que le plateau de jeu de l'adversaire ne soit pas visible ? Ainsi ce dont parle Captain manou ne pourrait pas avoir lieu (attendre le coup de l'autre) et tout joueur pourrait avoir tout autre joueur comme adversaire.

Tout ceci est quand même bien dommage. Nous ne sommes pas ici (en tout cas pas moi) pour jouer notre vie et gagner à tout prix. On prend du plaisir à jouer à ce jeu, le plaisir doit demeurer la priorité, fair-play inclus donc...

Bonne fin de journée à tous (et bonne fin de saison en Arène)

À bientôt à tous lors d'une prochaine partie. ;)

Mickr300
MatthieuP

Post by MatthieuP »

Hi Mick. In my opinion, you shouldnt see the move of your opponent before you play your one. Indeed you shouldnt be able to copy.

But... I think it's very important to see your opponent's map. Otherwise there is no interest to play with other and you just play solo. If you see your opponent's, you can try to find other ways to win, you try new things, you take risks, and that's why playing in BGA is fun.

So i would only hide the move in progress.

And also I want to say, I've played thousands, maybe more than 1000 games against JoergErik. He doesnt copy, he doesnt cheat, games are always close, he's fairplay and we have always fun playing together, I dont understand what Captain tells about him.
Mickr300

Post by Mickr300 »

Yes you're right : Just the move in progress.

And yes I confirm the fair-play of Erik ;)
Gwana

Post by Gwana »

Blocking players is indeed an insane and unfair strategy.
And I agree with you MatthieuP, JoergErik, Jim, Mickr300 , who are the humblest representatives of fair players I've ever met.
So Thank you for your wise opinion and suggestion for this Arena problem that I did not suspect.

On my part, I just can only but easely argue in your favor concerning the unpleasant and unfair philosophy of CaptainManou... wich is such pity.
And that I do not understand.
Kind of player who doesn't play the game, for playing fair, wich is not interresting in sharing game actually.
Who doesn't hesitate to expell players out of time in order to get a free win, even if he's far behind...

He never say hello, never a pleasant word
I never received a normal, decent, respectfull attitude from his part.
he'd much rather ignore people..
He seem to be more interrested in winning at all cost, using all the unpleasant ways for getting to succeed.

Return to “Trek 12”