Does anyone also have trouble when spectating games?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
az840

Does anyone also have trouble when spectating games?

Post by az840 »

Hi,

I'm having trouble when spectating real-time games after the new Additional Zoo Maps update. The game log on the right side disappears from time to time. And occasionally there is delay so I have to refresh the page to get the latest moves from both players. I believe these only happen after the new updates.
Also as a player, the option buttons will appear on my screen when the other player is using the new maps' special abilities (Although I won't be able to click on the option button, it says "it's not your turn" if trying to click on it).

Does anyone also have the similar experience or it is just me?

Thank you.
SuperMaple

Re: Does anyone also have trouble when spectating games?

Post by SuperMaple »

Same lag happened to me. Game was extremely slow and after refreshing, it was way further down the road.
Azoken

Post by Azoken »

I have the same issue in turn based game. I used to be able to see the game catching UP when i was a few moves late but non, more often than not, it freezes and i have to F5.
Not blocking but annoying for sure.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

az840 wrote: 23 December 2023, 05:52 Hi,

I'm having trouble when spectating real-time games after the new Additional Zoo Maps update. The game log on the right side disappears from time to time. And occasionally there is delay so I have to refresh the page to get the latest moves from both players. I believe these only happen after the new updates.
Also as a player, the option buttons will appear on my screen when the other player is using the new maps' special abilities (Although I won't be able to click on the option button, it says "it's not your turn" if trying to click on it).

Does anyone also have the similar experience or it is just me?

Thank you.
The buttons showing up were indeed a bug and were fixed a while back.
Azoken wrote: 12 January 2024, 12:28 I have the same issue in turn based game. I used to be able to see the game catching UP when i was a few moves late but non, more often than not, it freezes and i have to F5.
Not blocking but annoying for sure.
I am not aware of it so please fill a bug report if you have a precise situation that you can reproduce that leads to breaking spectators.
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

I'll fill a bug report later today. Spectating bugs out each time a player builds enclosures. The game history disappears and you have to refresh the page to continue watching or the game just pauses.
Azoken

Post by Azoken »

Tisaac wrote: 12 January 2024, 12:37
I am not aware of it so please fill a bug report if you have a precise situation that you can reproduce that leads to breaking spectators.
I don't have a precise situation but here a payer built a 1 size building which i saw and then the ui froze.

My screenshot is too big to be added but the line where i should read what is going on is blank.
I am on my phone so i cant check for errors.
One hint might be that the tab was open and reaccess.

Return to “Ark Nova”