A player who just copies and pastes Google Translate

BGA localization discussions
shiratori mei

A player who just copies and pastes Google Translate

Post by shiratori mei »

There was a player who was copying and pasting Google Translate.
I tried reporting him, but the report disappeared. Instead of being prompted to add comments to a report, It just shows me an interface to create a new report.
I haven't received the email either, it just disappeared, I don't know if it was rejected or not.
The translations for the game Unrest, recently added to beta, are also full of Google translations by him
What should I do? Should I report again? Please help me.
cigma

Re: A player who just copies and pastes Google Translate

Post by cigma »

First, copying and pasting Google Translate isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It depends on the quality of Google Translate, which differs widely with different languages.

In order to report someone for bad translations, you have to give evidence for that, even noticeable for someone who doesn’t know your language (because you don’t have BGA stuff for each language), which can be tricky – especially if Google Translate does not a good job!

Nevertheless, I think your report shouldn’t just „vanish“. Maybe they are still checking it? Since Unrest was just recently added to beta, I think you will have to wait some more time. When I reported some players it took up to 2-3 weeks before I got an answer from the BGA team.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Translations”