Arena Season never changes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
viperfang4

Arena Season never changes

Post by viperfang4 »

7WD has expansions, but they never get added to the arena season. I'm very disappointed there isn't a rotation between seasons to add pantheon and/or agora to keep things fresh compared to other games that there is seasonal shakeup.
tkok

Re: Arena Season never changes

Post by tkok »

Seasonal rules are set and changed by the gurus. Gurus are automatically selected from the player who have played the most in previous arena season and they will discuss and vote for the new rules for the next season.
Vperwonders

Post by Vperwonders »

tkok wrote: 10 January 2024, 13:52 Seasonal rules are set and changed by the gurus. Gurus are automatically selected from the player who have played the most in previous arena season and they will discuss and vote for the new rules for the next season.
7wd with expansions is almost a complete different game, and players often specialize in one single setup (basic game, one expansion, both expansions). So there could be a “conflict of interest” between gurus. Since they are the ones who played the most in the past arena, I assume they only play with the basic game and want to play next arena as well. This is not fair for players using expansions (I am an only basic game player). Something should change to make the game and arena fair for everyone. There is a very old post with tons of votes , so there are already a lot of different suggestions…
Last edited by Vperwonders on 10 January 2024, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

yeah, there was a lot of tries to change that, but it didnt work yet - maybe this wave could change something! :)

btw, a lot of players where interested to play with both expansions, even if they specialized in base game only, or at the very least give others a season of their own preference; but it wasnt the majority.
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

tkok wrote: 10 January 2024, 13:52 Gurus are automatically selected from the player who have played the most in previous arena season...
It's the accounts that play the most of a given game in a certain period of time in any format that get to vote, it counts non-arena games the same as arena games in determining the electors.
viperfang4

Post by viperfang4 »

Just going to bump this again before the end of the season. A large portion of the player base would like an expansion format as vanilla has only ever been the arena format. The expansions mitigate the advantages of going first and more extra turn wonders in various ways.
viperfang4

Post by viperfang4 »

Still so disappointed, this really needed to change, I guess I'm not playing much this season.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”