Game end triggerend before action completed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ean WH

Game end triggerend before action completed

Post by Ean WH »

So, I played an Animal card level 5 planning to put 2 animals in my zoo (enclosures were build before and were matching).
I played down the first animal which triggered the game end, but I still had the second action, the second animal to place, according to the ability on the card.

Isn't the game end triggered and the action still completed fully?
GTSchemer

Re: Game end triggerend before action completed

Post by GTSchemer »

Yes, but there was likely another reason you could not play the second animal.

Without a screenshot or replay it is difficult to explain why the second animal was not possible.
Monkeyunit

Post by Monkeyunit »

The implemented the change that the game now gives a warning if the action you are taking triggers end game.
You can however still perform all actions you are allowed to take, including extra from Determination for instance.

People were asking for this because they would sometimes trigger end game by accident when they didn't mean to.
So now there is a warning.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Ean WH wrote: 15 January 2024, 15:35 So, I played an Animal card level 5 planning to put 2 animals in my zoo (enclosures were build before and were matching).
I played down the first animal which triggered the game end, but I still had the second action, the second animal to place, according to the ability on the card.

You should always post game #s/move #s so people can look at the specific situation and help more easily.

If you are referring to:
Table #462469130
Move #430

I ran the replay, and it shows you COULD have played and animal, but you're option was limited to the red deer (because you had no open enclosures, but the red has flocking). The replay makes it looked like you passed on your second action and ended your turn.

I'm guessing you either accidentally passed, or saw most of your cards grayed out (red deer would have been the only one of your five cards not grayed out), and thought you couldn't play anything so you passed on purpose?
Ean WH

Post by Ean WH »

Remkar wrote: 15 January 2024, 15:48
Ean WH wrote: 15 January 2024, 15:35 So, I played an Animal card level 5 planning to put 2 animals in my zoo (enclosures were build before and were matching).

You should always post game #s/move #s so people can look at the specific situation and help more easily.

If you are referring to:
Table #462469130
Move #430

I ran the replay, and it shows you COULD have played and animal, but you're option was limited to the red deer (because you had no open enclosures, but the red has flocking). The replay makes it looked like you passed on your second action and ended your turn.

I'm guessing you either accidentally passed, or saw most of your cards grayed out (red deer would have been the only one of your five cards not grayed out), and thought you couldn't play anything so you passed on purpose?
Hi,

thank you so much, also for including the table and move numbers, now I know how to include this properly. And yes, you are right. I had planned on playing both the Moose and Red Deer in that enclosure, that's also why I picked the action with strength 5. I love flocking lol.

But as soon as I played down the Moose the game end was triggered immediately. Not sure if this is a bug.

Move 429 :15:20:42
Ean WH pays 1 xtoken for increasing card strength
Ean WH chooses action card AnimalsI with strength 5

Move 430 :15:20:49
Ean WH plays Moose for 16 and places it in a size-4 enclosure

Move 431 :15:20:53
End of game triggered: everyone except Ean WH will get a last turn to play
Ean WH gains 7 appeal (Moose)
Ean WH add a multiplier token on action card SponsorsII

Move 432 :15:20:59
Ean WH places action card Animals at position 1 (finishing action)

I don't think I even had the option to pass.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Ean WH wrote: 15 January 2024, 20:20

If you are referring to:
Table #462469130
Move #430

Hi,

thank you so much, also for including the table and move numbers, now I know how to include this properly. And yes, you are right. I had planned on playing both the Moose and Red Deer in that enclosure, that's also why I picked the action with strength 5. I love flocking lol.

But as soon as I played down the Moose the game end was triggered immediately. Not sure if this is a bug.

In the replay it shows the option to pass. It would have been move 432 that would be the pass action, I believe. Not sure if Tisaac can speak to if passing is directly recorded as such in the log, or if it just indirectly shows the results of the pass (like move 432 in this log).

Maybe you accidentally tapped/clicked pass? Not sure what kind of device you were playing on, and I can't recall if there is an undo option after a pass.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Remkar wrote: 15 January 2024, 20:46
Ean WH wrote: 15 January 2024, 20:20

If you are referring to:
Table #462469130
Move #430

Hi,

In the replay it shows the option to pass. It would have been move 432 that would be the pass action, I believe. Not sure if Tisaac can speak to if passing is directly recorded as such in the log, or if it just indirectly shows the results of the pass (like move 432 in this log).

Maybe you accidentally tapped/clicked pass? Not sure what kind of device you were playing on, and I can't recall if there is an undo option after a pass.
If you can see that moment in the replay, then it must have also been in the game, I can guarantee that.

Return to “Ark Nova”