Bubbles seem to favour some players more than others

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tra36Cee

Bubbles seem to favour some players more than others

Post by Tra36Cee »

I have noticed that some players are definitely more lucky than others. I fall in to the unlucky category. No matter what I do my opponent always seems to get the right bubbles. I hardly ever do. They will have their board full and appear to have nowhere to go but hey presto the bubbles fall their way and they win. This very seldom happens to me. Does this mean some players have the odds weighted against them? It's not just bubble pop but most of the games I play. I am seriously beginning to wonder the randomness of the game generator. Anyone else noticed this?
Ceaseless

Re: Bubbles seem to favour some players more than others

Post by Ceaseless »

It's a common complaint for all of the games with luck, and even some of the ones without it! Somehow the game is always rigged against them. There's never any evidence supporting it though.
juliaaloha123

Post by juliaaloha123 »

I agree there is an algorithm that favors players who are chosen by the computer program or programmed by the developers.
There’s no way it’s random because the players with highELO repeatedly get the exact color bubbles they need to score every time. It’s frustrating.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

juliaaloha123 wrote: 16 January 2024, 21:37 I agree there is an algorithm that favors players who are chosen by the computer program or programmed by the developers.
There’s no way it’s random because the players with highELO repeatedly get the exact color bubbles they need to score every time. It’s frustrating.
One easy way to see why that is wrong: before doing your move, check the color where that highelo player would need to 'score every time'. And decide before doing your move if there is one or not.
Then check if he gets it or not.

Do that 100 times, and you should see no difference.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

juliaaloha123 wrote: 16 January 2024, 21:37 I agree there is an algorithm that favors players who are chosen by the computer program
Yes, the favored player is picked at random, and so is the amount of the favor ;)

Return to “Bubblee Pop”