quitting a game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tarkle

quitting a game

Post by Tarkle »

There has been two times that I had to quit a game because something came up at home and I had to go. Once my opponent had to leave for the same reason and I said okay. I try to just play one round games so there is less chance of this. Is there any way to properly address this so you do not get bad karma. Unfortunately, things happen and you just have to quit. Thanks for any advice.
Jellby

Re: quitting a game

Post by Jellby »

Propose abandonment instead of quitting, after explaining it in the chat. If all players agree, the game is abandoned and there are no penalties. Or propose switching to turn-based (I think it will be 1 turn per day). Again, all players must agree.

If some player refuses, there's nothing you can do, either quit or be expelled. But before blaming the other player, consider that when you joined the game you were implicitly committing to finish it in time. If you knew something could happen to force you leaving, you should not have joined. If it was something completely unexpected, well, it can happen to everyone, once in a while is not a big deal. If it happens too often... maybe it shouldn't be unexpected.
Tarkle

Post by Tarkle »

I did not know how to do the abandonment but I will in the future. But I agree you have agreed to play the game. This is why I play one round games. But as a mother, even of older children, things do come up.
Mealsy

Post by Mealsy »

You could also play turn based games....
Callie_Bunny

Post by Callie_Bunny »

Hi there :) sadly our real lives can get in the way of cards....how dare it! I've had to leave too but I have discovered a way to do that without getting karma points taken and without getting your opponent upset.

If your game progression is 50% or more you can concede the game and it is an automatic win for your opponent.

On the upper right hand side of the screen you will see three horizontal lines. Click that and it will bring you to a menu. You will see concede game there.

I hope this helps :)
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Conceding only works for 2-player games, though.
IsisIsosceles

Post by IsisIsosceles »

I'm playing a game with friends and don't wish to continue. We've all agreed to abandon the game. How do we do this? I see only a quit button. The quit button gives me the below warning but no links or directions as to how to vote to abandon.

Before deciding to quit a game in progress, especially if your opponent is not playing, please consider the following alternatives:
You can vote to abandon/concede the game collectively to avoid losing ELO or Karma points
You can vote to change the game to turn-based mode to allow out-of-time players to return to the table later and continue playing
You can choose to eject out-of-time players from the game (causing them to lose ELO and Karma)
CapInsano

Post by CapInsano »

The Karma system is simply terrible. It just is.

Return to “Hand and Foot”