Remove Traders

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
poserLX

Re: Remove Traders

Post by poserLX »

hertztoomuch wrote: 14 January 2024, 01:46
Mattzord wrote: 13 January 2024, 23:25 I'm bumping this thread because i really think this civ needs to go from the civ pool. For some reason Traders are following me in a lot of games lately and I'm getting tired of it. Looking at the replies here in the topic I can't see a reason why we wouldn't remove it. Can somebody tell me if there is a way that we can contact the devs of BGA to ask if they are willing to add an option to remove it?

I will stop my rant here :D
It seems like the civ update physical release pack includes the version of traders found here, so, it’s here to stay lol
This is imprecise. The civ update pack includes a version of the Traders that is mostly the same as what is currently on BGA, but different in important respects. I hope that we will get these final revisions on here before too long, and then you'll have a chance to see what you think of the final Traders.

Personally, I find the Nov 22 Traders not that bad. I really like being able to get income buildings off my mat, even if they don't end up in my capital city. I've felt pleased with them even when I can't get any benefit with them for the second income turn. I have yet to fail to get a benefit beyond the second income turn. Perhaps you've had worse experiences.
wrightyboy90

Post by wrightyboy90 »

Would be so happy for them to be removed, although strangely I have a 100% record with Traders as my starting civilisation. I will add they are slightly more useful in higher player counts but completely useless in 2p games.
Mattzord

Post by Mattzord »

poserLX wrote: 14 January 2024, 03:44
hertztoomuch wrote: 14 January 2024, 01:46
Mattzord wrote: 13 January 2024, 23:25 I'm bumping this thread because i really think this civ needs to go from the civ pool. For some reason Traders are following me in a lot of games lately and I'm getting tired of it. Looking at the replies here in the topic I can't see a reason why we wouldn't remove it. Can somebody tell me if there is a way that we can contact the devs of BGA to ask if they are willing to add an option to remove it?

I will stop my rant here :D
It seems like the civ update physical release pack includes the version of traders found here, so, it’s here to stay lol
This is imprecise. The civ update pack includes a version of the Traders that is mostly the same as what is currently on BGA, but different in important respects. I hope that we will get these final revisions on here before too long, and then you'll have a chance to see what you think of the final Traders.

Personally, I find the Nov 22 Traders not that bad. I really like being able to get income buildings off my mat, even if they don't end up in my capital city. I've felt pleased with them even when I can't get any benefit with them for the second income turn. I have yet to fail to get a benefit beyond the second income turn. Perhaps you've had worse experiences.
I've ordered the civ update pack and i'm really curious how the new Traders will work out. I find it interesting that you don't find them that bad. Specially when you compare them to other civs. Taking off a building from your income mat is a nice thing but in my opinion there's a little too much requirements and downsides to do this, specially in lower player count. You are dependent on someone to explore and conquer. If no one is doing it then your civ is worthless. Getting buildings off your income mat is a strong move specially when you can do it early. There is just no way that you can get to era 2 as the first player and get the Trader bonus as well as it would require at least 3 moves from your opponent to do it. Even if they do you still give them an additional resource which is extremely valueable in early era's. It will always net you maximum 1 resource and you will give the same to your opponent as well. On top of that they are also protected from getting conquered. I guess i'm just surprised by the fact that Traders nov'22 was even considered a balance adjustment. Gaining the civ mid-game is even a bigger joke because in most cases it's just better to skip the ability because you give your opponent 10 points.
BazzyG

Post by BazzyG »

Bump !

I think it also worth saying again what an incredible game this is, even with quirks and frustrations like how weak traders are and some over powered tapestry cards, tech and Civilisations.

If these things could all be ironed out in an improved in full and final edition of the rules, it would be nice to see this game sell shed loads and grow its player base.

Return to “Tapestry”