Scavenge card - can’t discard?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SarahofBorg

Scavenge card - can’t discard?

Post by SarahofBorg »

Any time I use the Scavenge card, I can’t figure out how to discard. I just tried that card, had a #4 dice in the yard, but had no option to bury one of the #3 dice. I can only place and bury. I’m playing on a tablet. Am I missing something obvious?

-Scavenge-
Roll 4 dice.
You may discard any dice lower than the total number of spots on all your buried dice. Place or bury the rest.
Mogri

Re: Scavenge card - can’t discard?

Post by Mogri »

Finish the trick without placing the dice you want to discard. They will be discarded automatically.
Last edited by Mogri on 01 September 2023, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
jestaoz

Post by jestaoz »

I had this again just now. No option but to bury them, game won't move on otherwise.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Here's a replay where a player uses Scavenge: https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... s=84522426;#

Jump to move 47, then place the 6. Notice that the Confirm button is illuminated. In this case, the player placed the 6 and both 4s, discarding the 5.
emilouanna

Post by emilouanna »

I agree, this is really unclear in-game. Just had this happen to me in an arena game and luckily I had a bone so I could re-roll, but I was flabbergasted that this move would be used for the arena standard if it was not working! :P
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Yes, that would be flabbergasting if it were true. Fortunately, all you need to do is place the dice you want and the rest will be discarded automatically.
SarahofBorg

Post by SarahofBorg »

Ok, I finally understand what you’re explaining. It’s not made clear from the interface. But yea, place the die you want. The yard might pop out, but ignore it. Just click confirm, and the dice you didn’t place go away.
LowennaM

Post by LowennaM »

I have found that it doesn’t always work correctly
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Every instance I've investigated has always been user error, but that doesn't rule out an actual bug. If you've seen it misbehave, report the table number and move number in a bug report and I'll investigate again.
ArturU

Post by ArturU »

Hi, I love this game, but the Scavenge action keeps frustrating the new players I bring to it. Couldn't it be adapted to select the dice you want to discard ? Or at least some explanatory text ?

Return to “Spots”