Azul Weekly Puzzle #010

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Effgee

Azul Weekly Puzzle #010

Post by Effgee »

Hi all Azul fans!

Thanks Euklid314 for the last replies, just answered back :-)
Also saw your comment on how stating "losing by X" could be slightly confusing based solely on the current score. But I also didn't want to pre-calculate anything, up to the reader to figure out what bonuses will be kicking in. So from now on I just won't say anything, just a snapshot with current score but without insisting on the difference, how does that sound?

Been a while since the last puzzle, Thanksgiving and all...., but here's a new puzzle!

For some reason I'm unable to upload any images, so unfortunately you'll need to follow this link, if anyone can add the image that would be lovely!
https://ibb.co/rZWy395
This is more of an open-ended puzzle, how does one finish round 4 strong ahead of the final round?

Have a great weekend/week!
euklid314

Re: Azul Weekly Puzzle #010

Post by euklid314 »

I would take 2 reds for row 2 and expect my opponent to take the other 2 reds for row 5 (since he desperately needs to finish column 2 and he is not guaranteed to get 2 reds in the last round, e.g. if they are distributed 2-1-1-0-0, which is likely).

Getting 2 reds for our row 2 has the additional merit that we gain more points next round when we put 3 yellows into row 3 (which is very likely since we start round 5 and 6 yellows are still left in the pack).

After all the reds are taken, I might continue with 2 white for row 1 - joining the yellows. There are 2 blacks, 3 blues, 3 yellows left and it is our opponents turn.
We are happy to get 3 yellows (for row 3) or 3 blues (for row 5). But if our opponent takes 3 blues (for row 1) we might even take 2 blacks in our last turn (and force our opponent to discard 3 yellows). I.e, all 3 options (3 blues, 3 yellows, 2 black) for our last turn are quite ok.
karenttrouble

Re: Azul Weekly Puzzle #010

Post by karenttrouble »

Which player's turn is it? I would probably take the 2 reds from the red/blue/yellow which would likely cause either both player or neither player to finish their row of 5 this round.

Return to “Azul”