Please require confirmation when not charging any suits

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
tge_damen

Please require confirmation when not charging any suits

Post by tge_damen »

I have messed up a number of times in Anachrony in the following way: I use a faction's ability during the charge phase, and then press confirm actually forgetting this is also the moment to charge the suits. It would help stupid people like me to get a prompt if you haven't charged any suits and clicked to proceed.
garthcp

Re: Please require confirmation when not charging any suits

Post by garthcp »

I strongly agree with this request. I have seen multiple games where people somehow missed charging their suits. This even happened to me in one game and I am playing a game right now where on player missed charging their suits near the beginning.

Please, please, please require confirmation when not charging suits.
Propaganda_Panda

Post by Propaganda_Panda »

Yes, please. And also, why not place the free exosuits automatically? It's not like there is any reason to not use them...

One single misclick shouldn't literally just lose you the entire game. You are basically missing out on a whole round, if this happens. And it is an mistake that can definitely happen, you need click all sort of stuff during the preparation phase and can easily miss something in a hurry.
One Wolf

Post by One Wolf »

Well there may be a reason not to charge all the free ones. That being to get an extra water to start the round. In some edge cases this could be crucial.
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

Not that it had happened to me (yet), but this is for sure needed. It also messes with the others in a game as we have in a current arena one.
TexArcher

Post by TexArcher »

One Wolf wrote: 29 June 2023, 13:43 Well there may be a reason not to charge all the free ones. That being to get an extra water to start the round. In some edge cases this could be crucial.
That's true, of course. Exosuits shouldn't be powered up automatically.

The problem is that when we use a faction ability that coincides with the powering up suits phase, then we're asked if we want to pass, it's easy to think -- yeah, I'm done with that ability, so I pass. Then you get into the next phase with no suits to use. It's a rookie mistake, I'm sure, but a slightly better warning would make it easier to avoid.

Otherwise, this adaptation is excellent! I hope more people try this game and see how good it is.
metakata

Post by metakata »

This has happened to other players in 3 of my games, please fix this because it is a game killer. I would like to play this game more on here, but this type of UI issue is off putting for those players and it is hard to convince them to come back if they think it only takes one misclick to end their game. On round 1 maybe the players will agree to abandon the game and restart, but when this misunderstanding happens on a later round, it is just awful.
metakata

Post by metakata »

This happened again for a different player. It's happening for the player with the Power of Dominance faction when they have the Captain Wolfe leader ability. It triggers at the same phase as exosuit power up and the confirmation buttons are causing people to skip powering up exosuit.
HaetteHaette

Post by HaetteHaette »

tge_damen wrote: 12 June 2023, 19:35 I have messed up a number of times in Anachrony in the following way: I use a faction's ability during the charge phase, and then press confirm actually forgetting this is also the moment to charge the suits. It would help stupid people like me to get a prompt if you haven't charged any suits and clicked to proceed.
Yes. Happened to me too.

Very annoying and could be avoided by a simple "are you sure" prompt.

Return to “Anachrony”