Is it possible to cheat?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
john0607

Is it possible to cheat?

Post by john0607 »

Is it possible to cheat in this game as in knowing what cards are hidden? Probably not but I've seen some suspicious behavior in this game with people seeming to know where cards are that they shouldn't. They will say it's luck but they won't hesitate in revealing the matching cards as though they knew what to expect. On top of that, if you call them out on it, they will suddenly start making stupid moves. Probably my imagination but suss none the less.
Palini

Re: Is it possible to cheat?

Post by Palini »

It is possible. There are virtually no foolproof systems, even with systems dealing with trillions of dollares...
Humanaut

Post by Humanaut »

I could imagine logging in with different accounts and participating at the same game. So in a game of 4 a single perons handles the cards of 3. So watch for same combinations of low ranked usernames on the game.
Cedric850

Post by Cedric850 »

Had the same problem today,having the three 4s in hand then someone picked them all three without hesitating.
It was early in the game, only one card before my 4 was revealed and obtained the turn before so no one could have known i had one...
huntshaded

Post by huntshaded »

possible, however there will be some errors x trench run
El_Guigui_13

Post by El_Guigui_13 »

It's obviously very easy to cheat in a memory game on BGA.
In the real world, you have to memorize the location of the cards, but on BGA, no one can check whether you're writing down the location of the cards. This is completely forbidden by the rules.

That's why memory games are less popular on BGA.
ts0ng

Post by ts0ng »

Cedric850 wrote: 24 April 2023, 20:46 Had the same problem today,having the three 4s in hand then someone picked them all three without hesitating.
It was early in the game, only one card before my 4 was revealed and obtained the turn before so no one could have known i had one...
I've been on the other end of this and done this by accident. He may have been digging into your hand to gather information and got lucky that you had all 3. Some folks tend to dig through hands and some folks reveal what's facedown on the board.

Return to “Trio”