New civ updates coming soon

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
hertztoomuch

New civ updates coming soon

Post by hertztoomuch »

Jamey just emailed stonemaier champions the updated 31 civ cards. Wonder if they’ll be updated here… excited to see what they adjusted. (Alchemist are already different)
DHMS

Re: New civ updates coming soon

Post by DHMS »

My pack (ordered on day 1 ofc) finally arrived today.

I only went through the Civs briefly, so I might have missed some minor changes. But overall most of them appear to be the same as already implented in BGA, if you enable experimental adjustments. From the base set, there are 3 civs that got significantly changed.

The Chosen got an extra achievement (Have 4+ landmarks), raising the total from 8 to 9, with the last reward being a conquer with both dice. They also swapped the 7th and 8th achievement, so you get the science die (which was a terribly unreliable final reward) before the capital score. On top of that all of the other private achievements were modified, and basically all of them got easier (6->4 of one resource, 5->4 tapestries, 5->4 territory tiles), with two being a slightly different challenge (tech card in each row becomes 4+ tech cards, district with 3 grey buildings becomes 4+ of the same income building) - so basically it's 4 of anything. Overall, The Chosen seem very powerful to me now.

Alchemists were overhauled for the 17th time. The ability now goes like this
1. Roll all three dice; you may reroll all dice once. Select one die to place on this mat
2. Roll the two remaining dice; you may reroll both dice once. Select one die to place on this mat.
3. Gain the benefits of the two dice as noted below
- Science die:: Advance on the track, gain benefit, you can pay for the bonus
- Red conquer die: Get double the victory points
- Black conquer die: You get the resource plus an extra reward (Explore, Conquer, Invent, Research without benefits, another resource) based on the result
Sounds pretty good to me, maybe even too good. For example you could get a track advancement, plus a resource and explore

Mystics were completely overhauled as well. Haven't fully read it yet to analyze it, the text is quite long. Might edit later^^

Haven't gone into the expansion civs yet, gonna do that later and maybe post again. I focused on the base civs first as I'm much more familiar with them, and Arena mode is still being restricted to them.

Anyways, even though Chosen and Alchemists seem really strong, I hope that all of the adjustments are going to be implemented here, and I hope that we can get rid of the older versions soon and start playing with only the latest (most balanced) iterations.

Return to “Tapestry”