Cheating or luck?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
TheRealPeHa

Re: Cheating or luck?

Post by TheRealPeHa »

euklid314 wrote: 31 January 2024, 11:27 Very interesting, PeHa. Fully agree with your opinion on computer dice and possible cheating with XG analysis, of course.

On BGA there is probably no big problem with players using software help because Backgammon is just one of many games here. Not much prestige and no money to be won here...

I would be highly interested which win percentage a player with PR 0 could achieve on BGA (or any other platform) but of course I will not test it out. Somewhere around 75%, I guess...
I agree, that using XG or other software seems not be a problem on BGA.

With regard to the odds, it should be borne in mind that
- only games are played here, not matches,
- the level is certainly not as high as on the backgammon servers (in principal weaker PR),
- but there are also no double decisions to be made here (in principal stronger PR)

With a PR of 5.5 in checker play (from my tournament games on other servers) I have a rate of 63% at BGA. I haven't been able to find anyone here who has a higher rate, but I believe that there are several players with very good checkerplay, too. I would estimate that the rate could be increased with a PR of 0 to approx. 70%.
bckgmn

Re: Cheating or luck?

Post by bckgmn »

TheRealPeHa wrote: 01 February 2024, 11:49
euklid314 wrote: 31 January 2024, 11:27 Very interesting, PeHa. Fully agree with your opinion on computer dice and possible cheating with XG analysis, of course.

On BGA there is probably no big problem with players using software help because Backgammon is just one of many games here. Not much prestige and no money to be won here...

I would be highly interested which win percentage a player with PR 0 could achieve on BGA (or any other platform) but of course I will not test it out. Somewhere around 75%, I guess...
I agree, that using XG or other software seems not be a problem on BGA.

With regard to the odds, it should be borne in mind that
- only games are played here, not matches,
- the level is certainly not as high as on the backgammon servers (in principal weaker PR),
- but there are also no double decisions to be made here (in principal stronger PR)

With a PR of 5.5 in checker play (from my tournament games on other servers) I have a rate of 63% at BGA. I haven't been able to find anyone here who has a higher rate, but I believe that there are several players with very good checkerplay, too. I would estimate that the rate could be increased with a PR of 0 to approx. 70%.
My PR is 4.3 for checker games on backgammongalaxy and win rate of 55.5% here on bga

Return to “Backgammon”