Monster Abilities?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Monster Abilities?

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

Do the different monsters have different abilities?

I read the rules online, and it said nothing about this. But I played with my board game group and the guy with this game said, "Kraken is one of the best." I thought he described its ability, and one other monster's, but I can't find info that describes each monster's ability.
Carolinemgm

Re: Monster Abilities?

Post by Carolinemgm »

As far as I know, they have abilities only with the Power-Up expansion : each monster has a set of 8 cards with its own powers.
FluffyWuffy1

Post by FluffyWuffy1 »

Kraken's ok and a bit of a change from the others, but not one of the best. The top tier monsters are Penguin and Gigazaur. A shout out to The King which is also pretty fun to play. Power Up is great fun but doesn't mix well with Wickedness IMO - some monsters just become OP.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

theAudsMustBeCrazy wrote: 30 January 2024, 06:05 Do the different monsters have different abilities?

I read the rules online, and it said nothing about this. But I played with my board game group and the guy with this game said, "Kraken is one of the best." I thought he described its ability, and one other monster's, but I can't find info that describes each monster's ability.
You were likely reading rules for the base game. In the base game all powers are equally available to buy by all monsters. As Caroline noted, in the Power Up expansion an asymmetric aspect is added with each monster having its own set of evolutions that are not identical.
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

Thanks all!

Return to “King of Tokyo”