Why no show historic Rank?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
AlvaroJL

Why no show historic Rank?

Post by AlvaroJL »

I dont understand why BGA system no show the historic Rank for a player. You can only see the first 10 players. Two or Three months ago I could see my rank in all games.
KenFin1

Re: Why no show historic Rank?

Post by KenFin1 »

AlvaroJL wrote: 05 February 2024, 06:57 I dont understand why BGA system no show the historic Rank for a player. You can only see the first 10 players. Two or Three months ago I could see my rank in all games.
Sadly there are a lot of unpopular changes being forced through at the moment. Can you give an example of where you would find these ranks, which page(s) would show them etc?
AlvaroJL

Post by AlvaroJL »

Yes.
When you show your stadistics in a game . You should see tour historic rank. You only can see your rank if you are in the first 100 positions. In that case your rank show beetween () example Can't Stop (35°) .
Is important for your progress in a game compare your ELO with other people.
GrandAt

Post by GrandAt »

I noted this change too. Seems if you haven't played a game in a certain period of time (current season?) you're removed from the ELO-rank. It's enough to play one game to come back in the rank again. I don't know why they've changed this, maybe to encourage people to continue playing the games they're good at?
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

GrandAt wrote: 09 February 2024, 06:20 I noted this change too. Seems if you haven't played a game in a certain period of time (current season?) you're removed from the ELO-rank. It's enough to play one game to come back in the rank again. I don't know why they've changed this, maybe to encourage people to continue playing the games they're good at?
This is not new and has been the case ever since I joined BGA in 2020
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

frogstar_A wrote: 09 February 2024, 08:21 This is not new and has been the case ever since I joined BGA in 2020
It was the case long before that.

It would be nice to have records of achievements, but that is probably best achieved through the XP system with badges for top X, Elo over X, that stick around. Worth noting for the OP that your Elo history is visible under My Statistics from a game page. That won't tell you your historical rank - for example at one point I had a 500+ Elo at Carc, which I think put me top-30 at the time but now would probably only scrape top-500, but is of some interest.

Return to “Discussions”