Explanation needed about the scoring of special mission of Patron's lodge

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Korton

Explanation needed about the scoring of special mission of Patron's lodge

Post by Korton »

Hi all,

I'm about o finish my first game of Federation and I have a misunderstanding about the special mission associated to the patrons'lodge.

In my game, me and an others players did this mission after used all our 8 spaceships and after discover the deep spaces tile and we won 10pp.
But If I understand well the scoring of this mission, is 1pp per special mission so the maximum is 8 cause 8 spaceships and 1 for the deep space tiles that is considering as a validated special mission. So where come from the tenth pp?

Thanks for explanation.
Purple Pawn

Re: Explanation needed about the scoring of special mission of Patron's lodge

Post by Purple Pawn »

I think that is not very clear (and maybe something that should be visually updated in the BGA implementation), but as far as I understand, the "bonus" tile that you select at the start of the game also automatically counts as "1 completed mission". This is also counted when you score things like mega-structures that care about completed missions.
Korton

Re: Explanation needed about the scoring of special mission of Patron's lodge

Post by Korton »

Thanks, for this explanation.

It seems indeed correct.

I just checked the rules about theses starter tiles and that say that you select one, you take the bonus and you put on the verso on your personal board. And indeed the verso of all theses starter tiles represent a planet with the succeeded mission symbol. In this adaptation we see the recto of these tiles to remember or know what starting bonus everyone take so I didn't see the mission symbol, and didn't care attention to this when I was reading the rules the first time.

Return to “Federation”