Overachiever order of events

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Rudi1976

Overachiever order of events

Post by Rudi1976 »

Imo its not ovious in which order the events triggered by the card will occur.

I got overachiever down and use wish for children. Voila there is a a button to play a major or minor improvement, so far so good. But what im missing is the option to play the minor improvement from the action space itself, as Id like to first play a minor via action space and follow up with a major improvement from overachiever.
Anyone knows if the extra button from overachiever will come back if I first pass on it to play the minor from action space?
Dankwine

Re: Overachiever order of events

Post by Dankwine »

I believe the consensus is that the wording "Each time you use [x]" as is present on Overachiever is interpreted as "Each time immediately before you use [x]".

So you must play the overachieving improvement before the family growth minor. If you pass on the prompt, you will not be able to overachieve after playing the fg minor.
Rudi1976

Post by Rudi1976 »

Thanks for the reply. I played it "safe" and did use the overachiever improvbement first. Good to know, that there is a non written rule for events triggered similiar.
SabinL

Post by SabinL »

I kind of gather that the minor improvement action comes after the family growth action on the wish for children action space, and so overachiever triggers before you get to play a minor
fiscused

Post by fiscused »

There's a thing in 2ed that card actions come before space actions unless there's a specific text otherwise. Or at least, that's my understanding.

Return to “Agricola”