Developer wanted for Monster Highway by One Day West Games

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
OneDayWestGames-Bob

Developer wanted for Monster Highway by One Day West Games

Post by OneDayWestGames-Bob »

Hello,

We've really been enjoying playing games on BGA and would like to get our game, Monster Highway, onto this platform for others to enjoy. We currently have approved license agreements with BGA so now we are looking for developers to help us bring the game to life.

Monster Highway is a board game where 2-4 players are building roadways using tiles to get to your Home Base. After a nuclear meltdown at a power plant, the lake next to it was quickly saturated with radioactivity. An alligator in the lake transforms into a road smashing, car crushing monster. Be the first to build your roadway and drive your car from ground zero to your home base to win the game. Beware of the monster and of your opponents. No one is safe on Monster Highway! Playtime is approximately 20-30 minutes.

To learn more about the game, you can find information here: https://www.onedaywestgames.com/product ... er-highway

We are available to answer any questions regarding rules of the game and provide an necessary art assets required to build the game. Please provide a quote for the project for us to review to the following email: onedaywestgames@gmail.com

We will also, as a thank you, provide a physical copy of the game to the developer.

Thank you again for your time,

Bob Craig & Ryan Craig
One Day West Games
www.onedaywestgames.com
Last edited by OneDayWestGames-Bob on 14 February 2024, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Kayvon

Re: Developer wanted for Monster Highway by One Day West Games

Post by Kayvon »

It seems like you've been trying to get some momentum on Monster Highway for a while now. The game looks familiar, so I checked and saw this is the 8th thread you've posted so far.

Would you mind if I asked what you see as the big hurdles to the game so far? Your first thread also included Sheep Boom Bah and Canosa, which are both published on BGA now, so it's clear you have some experience working with developers. I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts.
OneDayWestGames-Bob

Actually, I can't really say what the hurdles truley are. We have had several people contact us that were interested in developing the game but the lines of communication were not solid (lack of replys etc.) so nothing panned out. This was our first game published (2018) and it has been a good seller on the physical product side from both our website, distribution and at conventions so I thought it would be a great fit for the platform. Maybe I'm just surprised at the time its taken since Canosa and Sheep Boom Bah where picked up relatively quickly.

Since there hasn't been a lot of activity after multiple threads, this might be the last time I'm bumping up or reposting the thread.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Games more complex to implement are less likely to attract developers for obvious reasons, especially if the project is not a paid job.
Like, games with tons of unique rules and actions per game component (e.g. cards, tiles, and etc.).
Some may find a developer early due to its popularity or the publisher got lucky.
However, many games (including very simple games) wait years and still fail to find one.
OneDayWestGames-Bob

Re: ufm

I understand the complexity as a deterrent in some cases. Our game Sheep Boom Bah is actually a more complicated game then this one which I'm surprised how quickly it got picked up.

I've updated the post to include looking for a quote for the project. I'm aware now of the work necessary after going through two projects.

Still hopeful this project will come to life at one point on this platform.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Bob
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Thanks for replying to my question, Bob. I always appreciate hearing the publisher's perspective and insights.
OneDayWestGames-Bob

Your welcome. I appreciate you reaching out to us.

Have a great day!

Bob Craig
One Day West Games
Kayvon wrote: 18 February 2024, 01:36 Thanks for replying to my question, Bob. I always appreciate hearing the publisher's perspective and insights.

Return to “Developers”