Loss of X when paying to Associate with Veterinarian

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
scottvw

Loss of X when paying to Associate with Veterinarian

Post by scottvw »

I have seen this occasionally that I or others Association is at strength 4 and use an X when they have Vet played to do a conservation. Could there be a way for the Interface to notify of the wasted X?

When Association is upgraded (maroon side), it does tell you that you have left over power, but not when it is not upgraded (blue side).

Its a minor caveat but there are already so many things we can see at a glance information wise.
randale_und_hurra

Re: Loss of X when paying to Associate with Veterinarian

Post by randale_und_hurra »

The reason you only see how many action points you have left after an upgraded association action is that you generally are allowed to perform multiple (different) tasks with one action. On the basic blue side you simply don't have that option.

I see the problem though. I consider myself a pretty strong player and still keep forgetting about my vet when I played him. However this is part of the skill and mastering the game. BGA is already helping a lot with showing you what animals you can play, projects you can support and so on. When playing Ark in real life you would have to see those things yourself.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

While this is something that probably *could* be programmed, it becomes a matter of effort versus value and also maybe feels a bit too hand holdy.
Monkeyunit

Post by Monkeyunit »

I agree BGA already does so much for us it's a minor thing.

I do wish there was a way to rearrange my played animals and sponsors.
When playing IRL, I would probably always put Vet on top op de stack so it's visible.
Or sponsor cards with end game points that you still have to work towards would also be good to have on top.

Return to “Ark Nova”