Miscalculation on Terrain cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
VickyBo

Miscalculation on Terrain cards?

Post by VickyBo »

I have the impression that some terrain cards (2 points per colour) are not quite calculated in the right way.

I had red tiles. In total, there were 21 solid red cards, so normally I have to gain 42 point, but only got 20.
Another player had a similar card, but for yellow abilities, and there were 23 cards, but only got 18 points.

Big difference if you play on those cards in your own area of course...

(I have pictures but don't know how to submit...)
Meeplelowda

Re: Miscalculation on Terrain cards?

Post by Meeplelowda »

VickyBo wrote: 17 February 2024, 16:23 I have pictures but don't know how to submit...
Do you have a game number?
VickyBo

Post by VickyBo »

The table number was 476312893
Mordencranst

Post by Mordencranst »

That ain't right, you're definitely mistaken. But I can see why because the wording is confusing and unintuitive. The terrains you're thinking of (Savannah etc.) calculate points by looking at the player with the *most* of a given colour and then giving you 2 points per instance of that colour that they have. If you think about it for 9 soil they would be pretty crazy overpowered if they worked any other way.

The maximum number of red cards you could possibly have on any one tableux + board is 18, so the theoretical max points you could get off of one of those terrains is 36 - which is extremely unlikely. Usually you'll pick up about 16-18 from them in an average game.

Return to “Earth”