Azul Official World Championship: registration is open!

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
OhNoesHS

Re: Azul Official World Championship: registration is open!

Post by OhNoesHS »

What happens in a 1v1 tournament where both players are out of time.

Can the player with -4 hours skip the turn of the player with -1 hour and win the match?

Should I skip my opponents turn before I get to -1 hour?
Palini

Post by Palini »

What happens in case of draw, and both have same amount of completed rows?
Priptonite

Post by Priptonite »

Are you checking IPs to see if players created new accounts to enter the tournaments multiple times? There are some suspicious low-level ELO accounts…
squarerootofthree

Post by squarerootofthree »

squarerootofthree wrote: 25 January 2024, 03:06
AsmodeeRob wrote: 23 January 2024, 17:47 Hello from Asmodee Organized Play,

Some quick answers to questions:

Players may enter multiple tournaments but, are only eligible for the trip once. On the off chance you were to win more than one tournament the trip would be offered to the second place finisher by default.
So, which second place finisher? ;)

Because if someone happens to win two tourneys, then there are two second place finishers in their tournaments?

Again, I recognize this a fringe scenario and very unlikely to happen but it does make me think that the rules to this whole endeavor were not carefully thought out in advance.

Well my scenario wasn't too fringe as Phosphate_ (kudos to them!) managed to win both tourneys they entered. So now we go back to my question of "which 2nd-place finisher gets the trip?"

The scenario would've been very likely to happen again since Sunny369 won their first tournament entered (kudos to them, as well) but then immediately abandoned all other entered tourneys. This sounds like a reasonable choice but also was not ideal because it meant a bunch of players were gifted automatic byes in the last couple rounds, including a couple players who had already lost their match to Sunny369.

Oh well. Credit to the organizers for trying something and it's a fun enterprise. Hopefully next year's tourney can have a little more preparation and structure to support it.

Congrats to all of those who won!

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”