Comments on the beta implementation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ErikLevin

Re: Comments on the beta implementation

Post by ErikLevin »

I agree with almost all other comments in this thread though. Many (most?) also have bugs/suggestions in the bug tracker already. It makes me a bit worried that some bugs are several years old, even predating the release to Beta by years, and I don't see a ton of developer activity in the discussions there (EDIT: I want to make extra sure I don't come off as ungrateful. I know the volunteer devs put a lot of their free time on making games for all of us and that is awesome). I would love to see Texas Hold'em get polished more and get a release with Arena and all that, I wonder what the outlook is for that.

I was thinking about looking into how one could help with the implementation, but I have to be realistic that I probably won't have time... Can we help by being allowed to triage bugs or something? E.g. close some that are obviously duplicates or not-a-bug or something. Won't help much if there isn't someone with the time to really fix the actual bugs and improvements though...
frydo

Post by frydo »

Not sure if it has already been said, but there is a surprising behavior of the game with tooltips (speech bubbles).
When it is some other player's turn, it repeats the previous action of that player ; it would be better with no speech bubble before that player plays again (or a speech bubble with "..." to show it's it's turn).

Not sure I am clear in my explanation, as I don't master English language enough to write it nicely.
wc5b

Post by wc5b »

Sorry if I missed it above already being said, but it would be nice to have options available while waiting for others to decide. Such as Call Any, Check/Fold, etc. This would greatly speed up turn based with larger player counts for sure.

Return to “Poker Texas Hold'em”