Cheez-Tricks is now in beta!

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ufm

Cheez-Tricks is now in beta!

Post by ufm »

Cheez-Tricks is a trick taking/avoidance game where players play as rats trying to grab some cheese.
But the cats will capture those who fall in some specific traps.
Will you be able to score some points avoiding them?
Or, even better, will you face them all for even more of points?

Please try the game here: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=cheeztricks
caiopsoares

Re: Cheez-Tricks is now in beta!

Post by caiopsoares »

Fun and strategic! :mrgreen:
Os Money

Post by Os Money »

Love this game! Thank you for implementing it!
Only thing I've heard is some people find the yellow on yellow of the cards and numbers to be hard to read on a screen.
Looking forward to getting a physical copy once it releases.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Os Money wrote: 01 February 2024, 15:51 Only thing I've heard is some people find the yellow on yellow of the cards and numbers to be hard to read on a screen.
Added an alternative card style as a preference option.
Os Money

Post by Os Money »

Thank you! That is much better and way easier to see.
Os Money

Post by Os Money »

After playing a few games, I'm finding two things that could stand to improve the game experience if implemented.

1.) For the Orange Cat cards, the text can be difficult to understand what the task is:
Example - "who capture least 4 cards"
this can be confusing... does this mean capture at least 4 cards total? 4 tricks?... The answer is no, it is the least of number of 4 cards

I think clarifying this somewhere would greatly help. Maybe change the the wording to something along the lines of the above? Or at least update the the rules/how to play wiki with clarifying information.

2.) Not sure how much you can influence this, but the "Hover text" that is displayed on what the task/goal cards are are really difficult to see on mobile. Not sure if those can be moved some way or if that text can be added somewhere else so it can be read without hovering.

Thanks for creating the game and implementing it on BGA! Looking forward to also getting the physical release from tricky imports (US).
ufm

Post by ufm »

Os Money wrote: 20 February 2024, 19:30 1.) For the Orange Cat cards, the text can be difficult to understand what the task is:
Example - "who capture least 4 cards"
this can be confusing... does this mean capture at least 4 cards total? 4 tricks?... The answer is no, it is the least of number of 4 cards

I think clarifying this somewhere would greatly help. Maybe change the the wording to something along the lines of the above? Or at least update the the rules/how to play wiki with clarifying information.
Changed 'least' to 'fewest'.
Os Money wrote: 20 February 2024, 19:30 2.) Not sure how much you can influence this, but the "Hover text" that is displayed on what the task/goal cards are are really difficult to see on mobile. Not sure if those can be moved some way or if that text can be added somewhere else so it can be read without hovering.
I also considered this, but I couldn't find an appropriate space to add texts.

Return to “"Beta" games”