What's next?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tigrouh00h00

Re: What's next?

Post by Tigrouh00h00 »

Lunalol wrote: 03 September 2023, 10:27 I would like to know your opinion on Fighters of Pacific from Don't Panic games
I bought and played FotP, it is so good. Nice gameplay, strategy, prioritied, sacrifices, it's all PTO driven. I Can only encourage you to go down this Fighters of the Pacific path! (If you are still in this mood!) Anyway, thanks for the awesome USE version. Will never thank you enough for this beauty. Did I say thanks?
emarkham

Post by emarkham »

The thing I would most like to see is the "what if" options for USE, where each nation starts the game by picking a slightly different set of units (i.e. Germans can pick fleet, strategic, or regular) as laid out in the optional rules for USE. I can't imagine that would be hard to add and it would add a lot of replayability.
rmanns241

Post by rmanns241 »

GMT - Commands & Colors: Napoleonics, Triumph & Tragedy & Paths of Glory

Academy Games - "Birth of" Series & Mare Nostrum: Empires

Columbia Games - Victory in Europe
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

emarkham wrote: 21 February 2024, 21:01 The thing I would most like to see is the "what if" options for USE, where each nation starts the game by picking a slightly different set of units (i.e. Germans can pick fleet, strategic, or regular) as laid out in the optional rules for USE. I can't imagine that would be hard to add and it would add a lot of replayability.
To be honest, in the current state of the game, I will not venture to modify it without the approval of the authors.
They never pushed me to implement a what if. But no door is closed :ugeek:
emarkham

Post by emarkham »

Lunalol wrote: 23 February 2024, 22:40
emarkham wrote: 21 February 2024, 21:01 The thing I would most like to see is the "what if" options for USE, where each nation starts the game by picking a slightly different set of units (i.e. Germans can pick fleet, strategic, or regular) as laid out in the optional rules for USE. I can't imagine that would be hard to add and it would add a lot of replayability.
To be honest, in the current state of the game, I will not venture to modify it without the approval of the authors.
They never pushed me to implement a what if. But no door is closed :ugeek:
I'm certainly not suggesting you or I should come up with our own rules! The game is great. But the game's authors themselves published optional rules. The what-if units are Rule 25.7.2. I bet they'd be fine letting us playtest those for balance ;)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/geekdo-files.c ... aad6f6d218
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

Yes, I know "What if" rules.
But what I tried to say through Google Translate is that the authors never told me of their desire to implement these rules on BGA.
Afterwards, if there is a strong demand from the players, anything is possible (or almost, I went back to the WIII scenario, too hard to do).
Goog games.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”