Going first offers too much of an advantage

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Hoover85

Going first offers too much of an advantage

Post by Hoover85 »

My opinion. The starting player gets to set the tone for the whole game and in a match up of relatively equal skill (I play the same person regularly) the starting player wins 75%+ of the time.

I know this is an old game now and nothing will change but I feel the second player should have started with some extra gold or something to offset this advantage.
silentProtest

Re: Going first offers too much of an advantage

Post by silentProtest »

sure in vanilla game, it should be offset. but it wont here, since there isnt an option to mod. Also there is a HUGE topic about this on this forum ;)

If you want a balanced, but/also a more complex and dynamic experience, try 7wd with both expansions ;) [I can guarantee you that being first wont matter, and skill will decide WAY more than luck.]
T72on1

Re: Going first offers too much of an advantage

Post by T72on1 »

silentProtest wrote: 28 February 2024, 05:30 sure in vanilla game, it should be offset. but it wont here, since there isnt an option to mod. Also there is a HUGE topic about this on this forum ;)

If you want a balanced, but/also a more complex and dynamic experience, try 7wd with both expansions ;) [I can guarantee you that being first wont matter, and skill will decide WAY more than luck.]
Adding to that, even playing with the Agora expansion alone reduces this issue to almost zero in my opinion. I don't know the other expansion enough to comment on that one.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”